Rocker, Camber, and everything in between - Page 20 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #191 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebtester View Post
I wear a size 8 Burton Moto boots, fit me we'll, very comfortable, btw, I ride flow bindings right now too, broke my leg near the ankle several years ago and the Flows allowed me to get back ino the sport without pain.
Got it.

Since this thread is primarily about profiles lets start there All 3 of these boards (Merc, Custom V and Skate Banana) use essentially the same profile (a mild version of Camber Rocker Camber) when all of the marketing fluff is stripped away. That is certainly suitable for you, but are you looking for something new feeling?

On your harder snow the difference between Sintered and Extruded will not be a very noticeable factor unless you are really interested in maximizing your high end maching.

So...lets figure out what it is about your current board that you want to improve on and suggest from there.

STOKED!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #192 (permalink)

Default Thanks for the help!

I'm looking for something with better edge control for turns, less skipping when turning hard, better stability at faster speeds. My impression is that the Merc is an entry level board, looking to upgrade to something better.
Bebtester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #193 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Got it. How much time do you spend in the park, riding switch, general freestyling?
Old 11-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #194 (permalink)

Default Riding style

Haven't spent much time in the park, would like to try some smaller features. Mostly cruising the groomers, riding over the natural bumps and drops, riding switch maybe 10%. I like to be able to tackle the steeper hills but spend most of the time on the blue runs.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #195 (permalink)

This thread does not mention what situations the profiles would shine in best.
ACairngormFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #196 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACairngormFace View Post
This thread does not mention what situations the profiles would shine in best.
Unfortunately, that is not a good idea as the same profile can be altered for different applications. for instance some Rocker Camber Rocker boards are designed as freestyle and park specific riding when the camber section is very short and the outside rockers are emphasized while other models are freeride oriented where the camber will extend almost out to the contact points. It depends a lot on the design and the other elements as well. Profile is a very important factor but it does not tell the whole story.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Unfortunately, that is not a good idea as the same profile can be altered for different applications. for instance some Rocker Camber Rocker boards are designed as freestyle and park specific riding when the camber section is very short and the outside rockers are emphasized while other models are freeride oriented where the camber will extend almost out to the contact points. It depends a lot on the design and the other elements as well. Profile is a very important factor but it does not tell the whole story.
Thanks for the informative reply
ACairngormFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #198 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Yeah and personal preference plays a big part as well. It's like saying Stiff = Freeride and Soft = Park. It's a decent generalization, but experienced riders will always change that norms for their own needs.
poutanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #199 (permalink)

Any opinions on the Rossi One or Templar Magtek models, looks like they would be a good option?
Old 11-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #200 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebtester View Post
Any opinions on the Rossi One or Templar Magtek models, looks like they would be a good option?
Magnetraction or Griptec will be help with grip and edging on hardpack and ice. I think you would really enjoy C3 from Mervin. Have a look at boards with that tech. It will give you great bite and will take the bulk of your riding to the next level.