Rocker, Camber, and everything in between - Page 25 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #241 (permalink)

[IMG][/IMG]

Some of you may have seen our early season release of the Ripsaw CR. I just wanted to post this comparison of our CR to C3.
Seems a lot of companies are going backwards with camber. I personally would rather have fuel injection in my car rather than a carburetor... CR falls under the RC umbrella and is the perfect hybrid of RC Tech and Camber without losing the playful shape.

Last edited by The Chairman; 01-10-2014 at 12:43 PM.
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #242 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwynne23 View Post
What I'm basically looking for is a board that will be about speed over tricks. I learned on Camber and enjoyed the control you get with it, but wanted to avoid the times when the board catches and you go flying.
Not to sound negative, but I always see this as a pro of alternative camber profiles. Well that's like buying an auto-trans because you suck at driving stick! It's not a fix, it's a compromise. If you're catching edges you need to work on technique, not buy a band-aid solution!

That said, I like RCR or camber with (lifted tips) a lot for it's ability to float better in powder, while still carve like a champ.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #243 (permalink)

Yeah I hear you- I switched from learning on a Camber where I got the technique down and wasn't catching too much, and after two seasons I switched to a rocker for the playfulness. It was so much fun, but I want something that gives the energy of the Camber board and that you have to initiate carves with the right way.

I'm looking at this and thinking of pulling the trigger-thoughts?

Rome Agent Rocker Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet

Rome Agent
wwynne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillinIT View Post
After reading through your post I feel like you need to do one thing, it's crucial.

Develop your balance...with a balance ball, walking a couple 2x4's nailed together laying on edge, sitting on a large ball, squats and compression jumping...

Here's why, you're not into park style and want to free ride, but you are leaning away from the CRC profile that really suits all mountain free riding and carving.

I feel like a CRC profile lends itself nicely to carving and linking turns, and steep hard pack corners, it sounds like you don't like how the board transitions and that feeling usually stems from a balance standpoint, but everyone's different and you really may just prefer a different profile board, however no board shape, profile type or construction method will give you better balance and that's the key, balance and strength to to maintain balance

On that note, take a peek at the C3 BTX construction found on Mervin boards, you might like
I feel kinda offended because i've always had a good balance, I think...
Never had problems climbing trees, walking on my hands or to do wheelies

But I'm not in the position to jump to a conclusion that soon about a type of construction. It's only my second year in snowboarding (5th day on the mountains) and the crc I tried was more like the C2 maybe it's because of that that I felt it was less grippy? But what I've learned from here is that I need to test more specific constructions to know what I'm talking about!

The C3 BTX doesn't look that bad at all! Maybe when the shop has anything like that for rent, I'll try it out. But I have a board which is perfect imo for all mountain freeriding, so that's not what i'm looking for... I want something a noob like me can learn to butter on, but is a little more forgiving then my board.
Not too much, if I make a mistake, I wanna feel it
Jeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #245 (permalink)

Hey WS let me first say that you are the reason why I signed up onto this forum, I'm 28 been snowboarding since the 90's. Even though I'm considered advanced/expert, I have no knowledge of terminology and the new technology that is out. Iv'e used my trusty airwalk snowboard from the 90's LOL and finally its time to retire it and get in the loop with all the hype.

My Airwalk board is I believe flat camber and was wondering if I would have a lot of trouble with CRC? As I'm learning I feel that CRC is what I'm after. I'm in the East so very rarely do I see powder, mostly groomers/hard/ice. My style of riding is aggressive all mountain, love to hit the long sweeping carves after charging straight down the mt(reminds me of dragging a knee on a motorcycle). My downfall is at the end of the day the humpy, choppy, uneven terrain. This type of terrain just does not work well with my style of riding. Do I need a more stable board, or do I just need to navigate around it? My airwalk is a 155, if I decide on a CRC do I stay at the same length?

Few boards I'm eyeing: Lib Tec Lando Phoenix- Never summer SL- Rome Anthem- Burton Antler. I came up with these on thegoodride.com and just narrowing down with features/styles/etc. Would be great if you could suggest a few.

Thanks WS!
gixxerdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #246 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Stoked to assist Bro.

I do not see you having any problem transitioning to CRC. Lets dial it in though and figure out what you already have. My gusess is conventional Camber due to the age (but it well could be flat by now ). Please upload a pic of the profile of your Airwalk when you have a chance.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Stoked to assist Bro.

I do not see you having any problem transitioning to CRC. Lets dial it in though and figure out what you already have. My gusess is conventional Camber due to the age (but it well could be flat by now ). Please upload a pic of the profile of your Airwalk when you have a chance.
Testing upload with phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (104.8 KB, 101 views)
Old 12-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #248 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerdk View Post
Testing upload with phone.
Not working. Send higher res and larger photos.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Not working. Send higher res and larger photos.
How about this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1272.jpg (72.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1277.jpg (63.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1273.jpg (57.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1276.jpg (70.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 12-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #250 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi,

So what you have there is a conventional cambered deck. There are certainly great options for you in Camber Rocker Camber. What is your weight and foot size?