Rocker, Camber, and everything in between - Page 7 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #61 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
Size 11

162 will be very fun and will be pretty ideal in terms of width. You will have all likely freeride stance options available for your size 11's without problematic toe drag issues. The 159 is a hair softer but also narrower and with your specs, I like you on the slightly larger board. I would not worry at all about the minor flex difference. The thickness in the center of this deck is noticable reduced (gotta love C2) and allows for a lot of rider controlled twist. The Flex ratings do not reflect that.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #62 (permalink)

Thanks man!
sidewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

The snowboard that you use reflects what kind of snowboarder you are. Very interest post. But no matter how great your board is, it is still up to you how to improve your turns and glides.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Snowboard Vacation | Snowboard Fun
otisdelarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #64 (permalink)

What profile is best for mostly free riding with some buttering and occasional park riding?

My guess would be a hybrid (rocker-camber-rocker).
snowman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #65 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman55 View Post
What profile is best for mostly free riding with some buttering and occasional park riding?

My guess would be a hybrid (rocker-camber-rocker).
Hi Snowman.

There are great options in both Camber Rocker Camber and Rocker Camber Rocker for what you have described. Also consider that brands like K2 produc only variations of flat (and flat rock) and that many riders dig some of those for your description as well.

In Rocker Camber Rocker there are great boards that will do what you are looking for. The Flow Infinite is one awesome example.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #66 (permalink)

I’m planning to buy a new playful soft board for mainly park/ground tricks and partly mountain freestyle/powder.

I’m 5’11 tall and weigh 138 lbs. My boot size changes between 9.5 and 10. I checked forums/review sites and i’m a little lost on what to look for: RCR or CRC or anything else? I would like any advice or opinion as you experienced...
boarderinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #67 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderinblack View Post
Iím planning to buy a new playful soft board for mainly park/ground tricks and partly mountain freestyle/powder.

Iím 5í11 tall and weigh 138 lbs. My boot size changes between 9.5 and 10. I checked forums/review sites and iím a little lost on what to look for: RCR or CRC or anything else? I would like any advice or opinion as you experienced...
Hi,

There are a LOT of fun designs for what you are describing. Rocker boards and flat-rock boards are both great profiles for soft play boards as well. They will fight you a bit on the freeride / hard snow side of things. RCR is a great option for the middle ground. Did you have your eyes on any specific models or brands?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #68 (permalink)

Tagging along...
Liv4Sno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderinblack View Post
Iím planning to buy a new playful soft board for mainly park/ground tricks and partly mountain freestyle/powder.

Iím 5í11 tall and weigh 138 lbs. My boot size changes between 9.5 and 10. I checked forums/review sites and iím a little lost on what to look for: RCR or CRC or anything else? I would like any advice or opinion as you experienced...
if you like your Megalight, you might also like the YES Jackpot and/or the Basic. camrock profile from the same factory
ju87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi,

There are a LOT of fun designs for what you are describing. Rocker boards and flat-rock boards are both great profiles for soft play boards as well. They will fight you a bit on the freeride / hard snow side of things. RCR is a great option for the middle ground. Did you have your eyes on any specific models or brands?
I understand that a soft longitudinal and torsional flex for a park board is a big compromise in edge grip and stability for big mountain and freeriding. Therefore, I donít expect an impressive performance like my megalight but I would be glad to see that it is capable to handle mountain pretty ok. I would like your opinion RCRís performance compared to CRCs in tricksÖ

As I said before, Iím planning to use this board for mainly for park, aerial and surface tricks and partly hit the features on mountain and tree runs. I had chance to ride with horrorscope and skate banana on groomers before but no idea about their performance on off-piste.

I donít have any specific model or brand in my mind but I can give a list of boards I have checkedÖ

*Neversummer Evo
*Neversummer Proto
*Rome Reverb
*Rome Factory
*Yes Jackpot
*Gnu Carbon Credit
*Gnu Parkpickle
*Capita Ultrafear
*Bataleon Evil Twin
*DC Ply
*Salomon Riot
*Libtech Banana Magic

You may add others that I forgot to include in the list. Thank you for helping me...
boarderinblack is offline   Reply With Quote