Rocker, Camber, and everything in between - Page 8 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju87 View Post
if you like your Megalight, you might also like the YES Jackpot and/or the Basic. camrock profile from the same factory
Thanks for reply... I like my 158 megalight's performance in freeriding but cant imagine of performance 150 Jackpot/Basic compared to CRCs especially in tricks and park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4Sno View Post
Tagging along...
Feel free to tag along with me, may force be with us

Last edited by boarderinblack; 04-26-2012 at 03:09 PM.
boarderinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

*Neversummer Evo
*Neversummer Proto
*Rome Reverb
*Rome Factory
*Yes Jackpot
*Gnu Carbon Credit
*Gnu Parkpickle
*Capita Ultrafear
*Bataleon Evil Twin
*DC Ply
*Salomon Riot
*Libtech Banana Magic

There are a lot of fun boards on that list (using many different profile technolgies). The Parkpickle and Carbon Credit are both Flat Rocker Flat with the addition of Magetraction for extra grip. The Evil Twin is a classic camber shape but with the addition of TBT which lifts the edges at the contact points and effectively makes it Rocker Camber Rocker. That is a very fun board which is very well reviewd for the usage you are describing. The Park Pickle (multiple Good Wood winner) is as well. The Flat Nitro Rook (multiple Good Wood winner) is also a strong suggestion. Many of those are very inexpensive right now.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #73 (permalink)

Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge. I would like to ask your opinion about RCR’s performance compared to CRCs in terms of ground tricks(especially tail press, tail press backside, nollie frontside, frontside nosepress, tick tack, butter)…
boarderinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #74 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderinblack View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge. I would like to ask your opinion about RCR’s performance compared to CRCs in terms of ground tricks(especially tail press, tail press backside, nollie frontside, frontside nosepress, tick tack, butter)…
Happy to help with some generalities. Presses, butters, etc. become amazingly easy and catch free when you lift the contact points (wide points)a bit. For that RCR has the edge biut sacrifices a bit of power and immediacy. CRC redirects the central rocker back down to the snow at the wide points with the addition of the extra cambers. Park/Freestyle boards with that design tend to be a little more powerful and dynamic feeling but sacrifice a little looseness. These are generalities but they hold true in most instances.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #75 (permalink)

Default Just a lil help to confirm my decision

Hello y'all!!..im new to the site and glad to have found an informative community..i just wanna ask and see if someone can help me finalize my decision....im fairly new to the sport but totally addictive to it...i currently ride a forum seeker size 154cm. I am 5'7 and about 165lbs...i have been browsing, researching and wanting to buy a rockered board...i have been told that if im gonna go rocker, i have to go lesser size. Now i read on another reply here that its not necessarily true...i have narrowed my choices to Gnu carbon credit 150 or 153 cm; Gnu park pickle 150cm; or the Arbor roundhouse rx 155cm...now i really like the Arbor rx 155cm but hesitant coz of someone said that if i go rocker, i have to get it shorter...please help me finalize my decision and maybe suggest other stick that maybe good other than what im looking at....thank you and good day to all!!
suigeneris1ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #76 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I haven't ridden any of the boards you have pointed out but the 2 dif hybrid camber decks that I have owned 155 & 157 I wish I would have gotten bigger ones.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:27 AM   #77 (permalink)

Hey TT, mind if i ask how tall are you and your weight?...so it should be ok for me to get the Arbor RX 155cm?..like i said i ride a 154 camber seeker, so going longer is not gonna hurt?...and by the way, i plan to go all mountain, more free riding and less park....
suigeneris1ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #78 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by suigeneris1ad View Post
Hello y'all!!..im new to the site and glad to have found an informative community..i just wanna ask and see if someone can help me finalize my decision....im fairly new to the sport but totally addictive to it...i currently ride a forum seeker size 154cm. I am 5'7 and about 165lbs...i have been browsing, researching and wanting to buy a rockered board...i have been told that if im gonna go rocker, i have to go lesser size. Now i read on another reply here that its not necessarily true...i have narrowed my choices to Gnu carbon credit 150 or 153 cm; Gnu park pickle 150cm; or the Arbor roundhouse rx 155cm...now i really like the Arbor rx 155cm but hesitant coz of someone said that if i go rocker, i have to get it shorter...please help me finalize my decision and maybe suggest other stick that maybe good other than what im looking at....thank you and good day to all!!
Hi,

Please let us know your foot size as well. Weight and foot size are the two must-have requirements to get yousized up correctly. Rider height is not a factor.

Stoked!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #79 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suigeneris1ad View Post
Hey TT, mind if i ask how tall are you and your weight?...so it should be ok for me to get the Arbor RX 155cm?..like i said i ride a 154 camber seeker, so going longer is not gonna hurt?...and by the way, i plan to go all mountain, more free riding and less park....
Just under 6 feet & about 165lbs

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #80 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Just under 6 feet & about 165lbs
Hi Again,

To clarify, height is not a factor, only weight and foot size. What is your foot size?