Hmmmm.....am I the only one who doesn't love Never Summer's RC tech? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Hmmmm.....am I the only one who doesn't love Never Summer's RC tech?

Well, after my first experience on a rockered board last season and seeing all the rave reviews here, I picked up a 2011 NS SL as my main, all mountain board. I put a handful of days on it and got pretty used to the ride before I picked up a Ride Highlife to fit in my quiver between my Slackcountry and SL for my hard charging, big lines/drops riding. Anyway, I've pretty much been riding my Highlife exclusively for the past six weeks able the SL has been collecting dust.

Feeling pretty bad for the SL, I busted it out last Sunday and, holy crap, I couldn't get in a groove riding at all. I feel like the combination of the flex pattern and his much rocker they put directly between the bindings makes for a very unstable board at times. Any time you shift your weight front or back from a wonky landing or something, the opposite foot pulls the board waaaaaay too far off the snow because of the extreme pivot point in the center of the board. Made for some good laughs from my buddies though when I'd go way too far to the front and proceed to dig the front tip in.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the board. I just came to the realization that it's not perfect for my style of riding. Or maybe I just suck at snowboarding haha. I could go for a little less rocker in the middle to create a bit less of a pivot point. At any rate, I just wanted to open this up for discussion.

::waitsforthebanforhatingonneversummer::
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

There is not one thing in this world that every single person is going to like including the RC tech by Neversummer. Some may think rocker camber is the best thing ever and can't stand the fact that there are other people in this world who want something different but that is just the way it will always be.

(Example: I love women. I find that women are the greatest thing that I have ever put my "Man parts" inside but there are some other people in this world who think differently.) Does that make them wrong? Nope just different strokes...
Smokehaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Stay Strapped

ban

/10char
Old 02-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I don't think it's the rocker tech... Sounds like you are using the SL for the same type of riding as the High Life. The SL is an all-mountain freestyle board while the much stiffer and more damp HighLife is a freeride beast.

I haven't tried these boards yet, but from their tech and flex/dampness, I'd at least use the Heritage for that type of riding otherwise a Raptor or Premier.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've read other criticisms of the "weight shift" instability associated with this type of rocker configuration, so no, I don't think you are the only one not in love with RC. Different riders obviously can have very different preferences for a board's feel and stability-maneuverability balance. No one should feel obliged to like everything.
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I was thinking the same thing. You got a board that is better for what you like to do, therefore you are liking it better than the SL. The Heritage would be a step in the right direction, you should probably check out the Raptor though. Definitely demo them if you get a chance.

I personally like the SL, but I can see where it would come up short for what you are doing.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote