any guys here under 5'6"/135 lbs? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any guys here under 5'6"/135 lbs?

hi i am a 5'6" male weighing in at 135 lbs with size 8 boots. i'm just curious what you are riding. it seems like even the smallest boards at 147 aren't doing it for me. currently riding a capita horrorscope 147. also i have chicken legs so that must help attribute to my overall weak showing.

when i do strap in my friend's board (GIRL), her capita SMF 143, i have more fun than i ever have in my four years of riding. buttering is easier, i can get my rotations in a lot easier. now i wonder i am SUPPOSED to be riding a board like this. honestly, i've already contemplated buying this board... but i feel pathetic that it's a girls board.

Last edited by theorist; 02-15-2011 at 10:12 PM.
theorist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theorist View Post
hi i am a 5'6" male weighing in at 135 lbs with size 8 boots. i'm just curious what you are riding. it seems like even the smallest boards at 147 aren't doing it for me. currently riding a capita horrorscope 147. also i have chicken legs so that must help attribute to my overall weak showing.

when i do strap in my friend's board (GIRL), her capita SMF 143, i have more fun than i ever have in my four years of riding. buttering is easier, i can get my rotations in a lot easier. now i wonder i am SUPPOSED to be riding a board like this. honestly, i've already contemplated buying this board... but i feel pathetic that it's a girls board.
I'm your size but with bigger feet and I weigh about 8 lbs less. I have the chicken leg problem as well I ride a 147 ET and a 151 Burton Custom. I manage just fine. At your weight a 143 is pretty short. Do you like to bomb the mountain or ride powder?
phile00 is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
 
BliND KiNK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Omaha, Nebraska (for now)
Posts: 729
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sounds like he just free rides and just hits kickers... and butters.. 143 would be awesome for that weight for that.

I wanted a sig, but I need a job first.
BliND KiNK is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi thanks for answering.

mostly riding here on the east coast so no powder unfortunately.

i bomb down trails currently on my 147 horrorscope but really like playing around with ground tricks, rotations, butters, etc. i just feel i can do them so much easier on the 143. do you think a 145 would be a compromise? even then i'd have to still buy a girls board as pretty much every mens board bottoms at 147.

thanks!
theorist is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BliND KiNK View Post
sounds like he just free rides and just hits kickers... and butters.. 143 would be awesome for that weight for that.
wow. you pretty much hit the nail on the head as to what i do
theorist is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Senior Member
 
WHOisDAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I was 5'6" and 135 lbs in high school, I was riding a 154 Burton Custom. I was mostly using the Custom to freeride so the size didn't bother me.

Buy the Burton Nug if you want a small board. Otherwise, hit the gym and pack on some pounds.
WHOisDAN is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theorist View Post
hi thanks for answering.

mostly riding here on the east coast so no powder unfortunately.

i bomb down trails currently on my 147 horrorscope but really like playing around with ground tricks, rotations, butters, etc. i just feel i can do them so much easier on the 143. do you think a 145 would be a compromise? even then i'd have to still buy a girls board as pretty much every mens board bottoms at 147.

thanks!
Sure but I don't see why spinning a 147 would be so hard. NS makes an EVO 143 Grom. It's definitely true that the smaller the board, the easier it is to spin. But I can't pinpoint exactly why you can't spin a 147 as well. Hitting the gym might be a good idea?
phile00 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks for the info. will be researching the evo.

also... will be doing some leg training. man it's embarassing in the bed room too.
theorist is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Get Rome Artifact 144
EnVme is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
153 K2 Turbodream
sketcheroo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome