What is important, the size of the board or the weight limitation of the board? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

add this to your list to research:

Rome Artifact rocker
Never Summer Evo
Bataleon Evil Twin

...in 151 flavor.
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That Burton Board finder is stupid.
I did an aggressive freeride with No park and the Custom Flying V 148 was there at 100%.
I did an soft slower with park likely and the Custom Flying V 148 was there at 97%.

It's almost like they are trying to push that board...or maybe it's what they have in stock the most??? Phht...whatever. Don't trust that site.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR View Post
Why is this still going on? If you read almost anything reasonably intelligent about snowboard sizing these days, it will state that weight is the key (or even the exclusive) factor. Why haven't all shop clerks gotten the message? What kind of bubble could they possibly be working in?
Happened to me the other day. I was checking out a Ride Highlife in the store and the shop kid came up and said it was a great board. I said I agree, but the one they had was too short for me. He held it up next to me and asked if I really thought a 159 was too short. I go 5'10", 210lbs., and don't look an ounce under 200. I wanted to strangle him!
Listheeb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Something everyone forgets is your boot size. Longer boards have wider waist widths. I'm about 5'7", 160lbs, with size 7 boots. Lots of people recommend a 155-157cm board for me at my weight but boards at those sizes may be too wide for me (most of these boards are above 25cm ww) to torsionally flex properly(unless it's a noodle).

Took me forever but I settled on a 153 Never Summer SL based on recommendations from NS and a person here. I was debating between the 153 (24.4cm ww) or 155 (25.1cm ww). Decided for my feet, the narrower board was the way to go. NS told me differences in flex between the 153 and 155 were minimal which helped make the decision even easier. Ride mainly blue groomers, trees, and in the bowls.
GeoFX is offline   Reply With Quote