Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Skate Banana vs. Fix/Hero (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/37689-skate-banana-vs-fix-hero.html)

burton21 02-16-2011 10:56 PM

Skate Banana vs. Fix/Hero
 
Hey guys, I am currently riding a Lib Tech Skate Banana (I think 2010?), and I was considering investing in a 2009 Burton board. I was thinking either a Fix or a Hero, and I was wondering is anyone who has ridden any of these boards could compare them to the Skate Banana?

Thanks for the feedback

Nivek 02-16-2011 11:01 PM

The fix is just janky. Not great. The Hero will feel like the Nanner but looser. No MTX and a little more rocker in the tips.

If your looking for a jib board, grab the Hero. If you're looking for an all park board, I personally wouldn't recommend any of those.

rasmasyean 02-17-2011 06:29 AM

I demoed the Hero for most of a day and I think a Fix too for the rest. Was it that board that's like flat camber or something?

I thought the Fix had more edge hold but not more than the SB. The Hero is washy and can't carve for crap at just medium speeds. But it's very forgiving on spins and spinning landings and hard to catch an edge. Instead it would overrotate...but I guess you have to get uses to it. Very flexible too.

The SB I think has the best edge hold, especially on ice. The SB turns on a dime and turns the fastest out of those I feel. While the hero feels like you have a laggy connection. I know the large SB is more stiff so you have to consider that. But I ride the small softest SB so that's what I'm comparing to. The SB is kinda washy too if you're not evenly balanced over the board. But that's kind of what RC is supposed to do I guess. But if you're balanced, when you turn it just hooks you into it lke its connected to your mind. I guess this can be good or bad depending on how precise you are, butthey say all of these are good for beginners so.

rasmasyean 02-17-2011 06:39 AM

If it's a pure park board you're looking for, check out some of the GNU ones. They have mangetraction where a lot of ppl say you can detune the whole edge and it will still carve good because of the serations.

IMO...the Skate Banana got a rep for being a "park board" only because it was like the only RC board out there and good for presses and forgiveness I guess, but it just carried that rep because of the popularity of the board. Nowadays, RC is a dime a dozen and come in various forms with models more geared toward that type of specific riding. But they kept the SB the same which imo is more of a switch riding jack of all trades turning machine.

legends6spd 02-17-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmasyean (Post 377280)
If it's a pure park board you're looking for, check out some of the GNU ones. They have mangetraction where a lot of ppl say you can detune the whole edge and it will still carve good because of the serations.

IMO...the Skate Banana got a rep for being a "park board" only because it was like the only RC board out there and good for presses and forgiveness I guess, but it just carried that rep because of the popularity of the board. Nowadays, RC is a dime a dozen and come in various forms with models more geared toward that type of specific riding. But they kept the SB the same which imo is more of a switch riding jack of all trades turning machine.

all mervin boards have mtx
what pure park boards do gnu make other than street series?

rasmasyean 02-17-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legends6spd (Post 377305)
all mervin boards have mtx
what pure park boards do gnu make other than street series?

That looks like the best one but the carbon credit seems kinda good too, if you're into going bigger jumps maybe. I don't know what the flex pattern of those are like but I know the Skate Banana is stiffer in the ends and softer in the middel. They didn't want the nose to bend up too much when in powder or something like that. But I imagine a good park board would be just the opposite, like soft in the ends so butter styling manuevers are easier. From my understanding, this would theorectically make it more forgiving as well, correct me if I'm wrong.

legends6spd 02-17-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmasyean (Post 377341)
That looks like the best one but the carbon credit seems kinda good too, if you're into going bigger jumps maybe. I don't know what the flex pattern of those are like but I know the Skate Banana is stiffer in the ends and softer in the middel. They didn't want the nose to bend up too much when in powder or something like that. But I imagine a good park board would be just the opposite, like soft in the ends so butter styling manuevers are easier. From my understanding, this would theorectically make it more forgiving as well, correct me if I'm wrong.

i don't consider Gnu CC a pure park board. It is more of an all terrain freestyle

rasmasyean 02-17-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legends6spd (Post 377410)
i don't consider Gnu CC a pure park board. It is more of an all terrain freestyle

Yeah, the Street Series seem to be a wider board and some models also have a wider stance.

Also, the sidecut radius is smaller for the street series. What's the idea behind that? Make quicker turns between hits to set up yourself quickly for the next trick?

burton21 02-17-2011 09:56 PM

Thanks to everyone for their opinion. Based on what I've heard, I think I'll just stick with my Banana.

henry06x 02-18-2011 04:50 AM

why not just stick with the banana??? its the living legend board that started everything!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2