Skate Banana vs. Fix/Hero - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Skate Banana vs. Fix/Hero

Hey guys, I am currently riding a Lib Tech Skate Banana (I think 2010?), and I was considering investing in a 2009 Burton board. I was thinking either a Fix or a Hero, and I was wondering is anyone who has ridden any of these boards could compare them to the Skate Banana?

Thanks for the feedback
burton21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The fix is just janky. Not great. The Hero will feel like the Nanner but looser. No MTX and a little more rocker in the tips.

If your looking for a jib board, grab the Hero. If you're looking for an all park board, I personally wouldn't recommend any of those.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I demoed the Hero for most of a day and I think a Fix too for the rest. Was it that board that's like flat camber or something?

I thought the Fix had more edge hold but not more than the SB. The Hero is washy and can't carve for crap at just medium speeds. But it's very forgiving on spins and spinning landings and hard to catch an edge. Instead it would overrotate...but I guess you have to get uses to it. Very flexible too.

The SB I think has the best edge hold, especially on ice. The SB turns on a dime and turns the fastest out of those I feel. While the hero feels like you have a laggy connection. I know the large SB is more stiff so you have to consider that. But I ride the small softest SB so that's what I'm comparing to. The SB is kinda washy too if you're not evenly balanced over the board. But that's kind of what RC is supposed to do I guess. But if you're balanced, when you turn it just hooks you into it lke its connected to your mind. I guess this can be good or bad depending on how precise you are, butthey say all of these are good for beginners so.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If it's a pure park board you're looking for, check out some of the GNU ones. They have mangetraction where a lot of ppl say you can detune the whole edge and it will still carve good because of the serations.

IMO...the Skate Banana got a rep for being a "park board" only because it was like the only RC board out there and good for presses and forgiveness I guess, but it just carried that rep because of the popularity of the board. Nowadays, RC is a dime a dozen and come in various forms with models more geared toward that type of specific riding. But they kept the SB the same which imo is more of a switch riding jack of all trades turning machine.

Last edited by rasmasyean; 02-17-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmasyean View Post
If it's a pure park board you're looking for, check out some of the GNU ones. They have mangetraction where a lot of ppl say you can detune the whole edge and it will still carve good because of the serations.

IMO...the Skate Banana got a rep for being a "park board" only because it was like the only RC board out there and good for presses and forgiveness I guess, but it just carried that rep because of the popularity of the board. Nowadays, RC is a dime a dozen and come in various forms with models more geared toward that type of specific riding. But they kept the SB the same which imo is more of a switch riding jack of all trades turning machine.
all mervin boards have mtx
what pure park boards do gnu make other than street series?
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends6spd View Post
all mervin boards have mtx
what pure park boards do gnu make other than street series?
That looks like the best one but the carbon credit seems kinda good too, if you're into going bigger jumps maybe. I don't know what the flex pattern of those are like but I know the Skate Banana is stiffer in the ends and softer in the middel. They didn't want the nose to bend up too much when in powder or something like that. But I imagine a good park board would be just the opposite, like soft in the ends so butter styling manuevers are easier. From my understanding, this would theorectically make it more forgiving as well, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmasyean View Post
That looks like the best one but the carbon credit seems kinda good too, if you're into going bigger jumps maybe. I don't know what the flex pattern of those are like but I know the Skate Banana is stiffer in the ends and softer in the middel. They didn't want the nose to bend up too much when in powder or something like that. But I imagine a good park board would be just the opposite, like soft in the ends so butter styling manuevers are easier. From my understanding, this would theorectically make it more forgiving as well, correct me if I'm wrong.
i don't consider Gnu CC a pure park board. It is more of an all terrain freestyle
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends6spd View Post
i don't consider Gnu CC a pure park board. It is more of an all terrain freestyle
Yeah, the Street Series seem to be a wider board and some models also have a wider stance.

Also, the sidecut radius is smaller for the street series. What's the idea behind that? Make quicker turns between hits to set up yourself quickly for the next trick?

Last edited by rasmasyean; 02-17-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks to everyone for their opinion. Based on what I've heard, I think I'll just stick with my Banana.
burton21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

why not just stick with the banana??? its the living legend board that started everything!
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote