Helppp Core Shot - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
mateo

Default Helppp Core Shot

ok i dont no how but i hit a rock apparently and got a bad ding on my board. It is a core shot but it isnt too big only maybe 1 cm. long. I took it into a shop and got it fixed but then i used it once and the epoxy came right out. I am going back to get it redone but i was wondering if there is some kind of temporary quick fix that i can do so that i can go snowboarding tommorow before i take it back to the shop. Or is it really a big deal if i ride on it once before getting it fixed? thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
mateo

So what your saying is that its ok if i ride it once before getting it fixed. also why did the epoxy not stick. i got it fixed four days ago and i only went out once in that time yet the epoxy still came out. i thought it was supposed to stay for years. was it ignorance on the part of the shop?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
mateo

Im not sure if they did anything to blend it in and it seemed like they didnt do a good job because when i got it back the epoxy was dark brown (my base is white) so it stuck out like a sore thumb and also it seem as if the epoxy was cracking even before i rode it.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
jibbah686

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo View Post
Im not sure if they did anything to blend it in and it seemed like they didnt do a good job because when i got it back the epoxy was dark brown (my base is white) so it stuck out like a sore thumb and also it seem as if the epoxy was cracking even before i rode it.
dont bother with epoxy you can do a do it yourself in like 2 min at home no joke. get a stick of p-tex they should sell it at your local boardshop and drip it on with a hot iron as you would like hot waxing your board right into the coreshot and then scrape it off like wax. thats a complete fix and itll last a long time, and if it does fall out you can just re-do that. its a quick fix and it works really good because p-tex is what your base is.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
xevi89

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbah686 View Post
drip it on with a hot iron as you would like hot waxing your board right into the coreshot
Not exactly right. Be sure to get as much was off the board as possible, and clean up the shot using a razor. You need to light the ptex candle(using a regular candle, or the stove, t takes a lil bit) till it burns independently. Should hold it over something like your scraper or a piece of cardboard to avoid unnecessary drippage. Then you want to drip it just to the side of the scratch and let it spread into it. Be sure to hold it close to your "catcher". You don't want black in your drippage but a little won't hurt.

ETA: It's pretty easy, I filled in a scratch on my board a week or so ago. But you will have to scrape harder to get it off.