Advice about buying an Arbor Draft - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Advice about buying an Arbor Draft

Hey Everyone,

I have been riding for around 3 years now. Have a Burton Blunt 155, I am roughly 6' at 170lbs with a boot size of 10. I ride pretty much half and half between trails and park. I would like a board that has decent flex, with good pop to it. Lets say that at first i loved my Blunt but i don't really like it now the better i get and the more i want to progress. If you guys could give me any advice and hints that would be great. I have been reading more and more about the Arbor Draft. It seems to be the perfect board for me, I wanna progress more in the park.

Any opinions will be great.
snowboardkid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardkid33 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I have been riding for around 3 years now. Have a Burton Blunt 155, I am roughly 6' at 170lbs with a boot size of 10. I ride pretty much half and half between trails and park. I would like a board that has decent flex, with good pop to it. Lets say that at first i loved my Blunt but i don't really like it now the better i get and the more i want to progress. If you guys could give me any advice and hints that would be great. I have been reading more and more about the Arbor Draft. It seems to be the perfect board for me, I wanna progress more in the park.

Any opinions will be great.
The Draft is more of a pure park board than an all mountain board. It has a soft flex. If you'll be riding it exclusively in the park, I'd say go for it. But it won't be very stable at speed if you're riding trails. If you want an all mountain board that's also good in the park, I'd look at the Arbor Coda. It's a medium flex, so it won't be quite as good for rails/jibbing, but it's great for the rest of the mountain.
vote4pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

All the time I spend on trails is messing around with my friends buttering and things. I don't know what I should do
snowboardkid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

then definately get the softer one of the two
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if you want to progress in the park you prob want a true twin. The Arbor Westmark is prob the perfect board for what you are describing. Its a higher end park board that can easily handle the rest of the mtn. I demoed one, and i really liked it, soft enough to butter, and stable enough for mtn riding. Just take a look at the Westmark. The Draft would be Arbor's Blunt, you would essentially be buying a very similar board. I rode a bunch of Arbor's and out of all of them the Westmark was by far my fav.

here is BA's advice on the board

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Arbor Westmark Used and Reviewed
Old 02-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Definitely a Westmark over a Draft. The Draft is a great rail board cause the sweet spot for presses is the whole damned tip. This however means that for anything else the board is gonna leave you wanting more.

At 170 pounds try a 153. I could mob on the 150 at 145lbs. Not exactly a stable rocket, but it got the job done and really didn't take too much effort to keep it in check.

It is one of my favorite boards. Up there with the Signal Omni and Bataleon Whatever.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote