What board should I bring to Jackson hole? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What board should I bring to Jackson hole?

I know that these are not the greatest options since ideally I would want to use a 164+ board to help with a steep traverse or control deep powder with less speed, but this what I am working with: 157.5 gnu riders choice or 159 neversummer revolver. I'm 185 6ft and am leaning towards the riders choice to handle speed, but I just got a great deal on the neversummer and haven't rode it yet, so I am not really sure. Something tells me there is no need for a park board out there though.
Mikemc417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well it will depend more on the conditions. Soft boards can be super fun in powder, but if you don't have some of the better conditions you might want something a little stiffer like your RC.

Check the conditions and forecast. If you're looking like you got lots of pow and want a little bit of a "surfier" ride, grab your Revolver.

Though why don't you just bring both? Most snowboard bags big enough to hold a 159 will fit both if you take the bindings off one. Stack the boards and set all 4 bindings on the top.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

No need to hit the park out there, unless you really have to. Soo much mountain to ride on! I was there for 4 days and only spent about 1 hour in the park. I prefer cruising down the mountain! I will be back there someday, it is an awesome place.
Commissae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you really like park, the new Burton Stash parks opened this year with some cool looking natural features.

As Nivek suggested, why not bring both? Unless they are really similar, that might be your best bet.

I'm going out next week, but only bringing my Ride Yukon 164 because my Timeless 161 is essentially the same thing. I'll have my new NS Raptor 169 by then, but want to get used to the hybrid technology a bit before bringing it somewhere like JH.

When are you heading out?
Listheeb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses, my initial reaction was to bring both and my 390s, I just didn't want the added space (usual bag cramming to the max) if I knew I wouldn't use the revolver. Now that I think about it, the added width and a little length along with the the flexibility would make it a nice powder board. It also would be nice to have a back up in case something happens. I really wish I had a big cruiser board, but it is hard to justify when living on the east. Next year, when I'm done with college, I will be living somewhere where I could justify buying one (or a split if I'm lucky and get into MSU grad school or something).
Anyway I am heading out in two weeks and am extremely excited, got a spot with 6 other friends for 9 days, so it should be a great time. Going later in the season means you can push it a little harder than usual too. I have never been there and have seriously been waiting over 10 years to get out there. I have always enjoyed trees, steeps, cliffs, pow over anything in the park, so this trip is definitely a long time coming and hopefully will be the first of many.
Mikemc417 is offline   Reply With Quote