Help me pick my first board from this list: - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help me pick my first board from this list:

Hi there guys!

I'm a female currently in the market for my first snowboard. I've been boarding for about 7 or so years. But I would still consider myself to be an intermediate/beginner. I've been renting my whole life. It's finally time for me to get my own board!

So obviously I've only been riding rental camber boards. But I know that I want a rocker board. Or at least a board with some rocker.

I'm goofy. As far as my skills level goes, I can get myself down the mountain, but on heelside alone. My toeside is pretty bad. I'm working on improving so I can start carving. Another part of it is I get scared of catching an edge. Partly because I don't wear a helmet (I will from now on) and partly because my rentals never feel comfortable. My boots and/or bindings never feel secure. When I switch to toe, my right heel always feels like it's going to fall out!

I don't plan on going to the park anytime soon. Probably looking for an all mountain board. Also looking to grow with my board. A true twin board is a plus too, seeing that I can ride both goofy and regular. But tend to stick to goofy because I'm just so used to it. I typically board only in the East coast mainly.

Here are the boards I'm looking at. I'm tired of going back a forth on this and I just need advice!

Ride OMG
Ride Promise
Ride Rapture
Burton Deja Vu
Burton Lux
Burton Social (might be too parky)
Solomon Gypsy
Flow Myriad
Flow Jewel

I going up to Lake Placid next weekend so I need advice rather quickly! Haha

Thanks!
alat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Why not get a board with magne traction if you're in the icy East Coast? Check out the Roxy Envi, Roxy Eminence or GNU B-Pro. I bought the 11' Envi and Eminence for my gf and she won't ride anything else.

A good friend of mine purchased a 11' Ride OMG. She now wants a Never Summer after riding my friend's 11' Never Summer Infinity.
WHOisDAN is offline   Reply With Quote