slayblade vs highlife - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default slayblade vs highlife

Found some killer deals on these two boards and need help deciding between the two. Looking for the best all mountain/ freestyle board. Mostly for bombing groomers, blues and blacks, ice coast. I'm 5'6" 175. Looking for a board that is also fairly forgiving. Also what about Rome agent rocker in a 157? Or any other suggestions. Just trying to make the right choice. Thanks!
cycle900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Neither of those will be "forgiving". They are both stiff and tortionally rigid.

You're better off with the Agent rocker.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rome if you want a forgiving board like Nivek said, but for the best all mountain I'd go with the Slayblade
cjwalsh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Highlife will float a little easier in pow and be a little quicker edge to edge. The Slayblade will be more damp and provide a little better edge hold.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Either of those boards are great choices for you if you choose the right size for your height/weight. I'd suggest the 158 for the type of East coast resort riding you'll be doing. They're similar boards, basically the K2/Ride equivalent of each other, albeit with some differences like harshmellow vs. slimewalls for dampening, etc... Can't go wrong with either.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If you want a board that will double as a powder board for any trips you might make... the HighLife. Keep in mind that the Slayblade also provides decent float, but not as good as the HighLife.

The Slayblade is the faster of the two so if maching is what you're into, then this is the board for you.

The HighLife has a medium rocker in the nose, nearly flat rocker in the middle, and mellow rocker in the tail.

The Slayblade is flat camber.

If you're into jumps, the HighLife has more pop.

The Agent Rocker is one of my favorite boards. The camber section under the bindings do have a significant bite to them though so it isn't as playful as you would think. However, this means that it actually holds on icey conditions better than the above two boards. It is more playful in that it isn't as brutally stiff as the other two, but still on the stiff side of the spectrum. Not as torsionally stiff either. This board also has a lot of pop to it.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

I am thinking the Rome Agent Rocker may be the way to go. I am no expert rider by any means. Really just want the board for the groomers and easy blacks. No off trail riding. I have a Burton blunt that I picked up for a steal but of just does not seem that great as far as carving and ice. In fact it sucks to high heaven on ice. So yea they agent is probably the safest bet. Any other suggestions ? Oh yea size wise for the agent.175, 5'6". Can get a 157 for $299 or a 155 for $350. Is the 157 too long? I actually weigh in at 186 right now but o have grand intentions of dropping at least 15 lbs. Rome chart says 125-185 = 155 and 135-200= 157. As far as weight goes it seems like a 157 but I am vertically challenged ! Thanks guys!

Last edited by cycle900; 02-21-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

157 Agent for sure. Hmm, it is a different price for different size? Is this because the 157 is an older model?

Here's another good choice for you:

Gnu Carbon Credit BTX Snowboard 2011

The Carbon Credit has Magnetraction which is the best design for ice. This is a fully rockered board so it's playful. For the price, I quite like this one.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

No both boards are 2011 models just different sales. Is there much difference in the Rome agent rocker and the never summer SL? I know everyone loves the SL and from what I gather the two are very similar . It's just much easier to find a good price with the agent .