Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Rossignol - One Magtek Alternatives? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/37844-rossignol-one-magtek-alternatives.html)

mschmidt33 02-20-2011 08:18 PM

Rossignol - One Magtek Alternatives?

All,

Looking to get my first board. After renting all winter, borrowing boards, visiting shops, and reading online I think I want a Rossignol One Magtek 156. Should be perfect considering the icy conditions in SE MI. Any other boards out there I should consider before pulling the trigger? Figured I could get a deal this time of year and be ready for next winter...

Mike

mschmidt33 02-20-2011 08:28 PM

I'm 5'10" 185lbs btw with size 11 boots. What I want most is the reverse camber and magne traction this board offers. What else out there is similar?

cjwalsh7 02-20-2011 08:39 PM

Skate banana

slyder 02-20-2011 09:53 PM

snowolf loved his Rossi and did a detailed write up, search his threads.
We have lots of man made snow and ice here, I love my magnatraction on my skate banana

Lstarrasl 02-20-2011 10:56 PM

Out of all the snowboard companies you chose Johnny come lately snowboard maker Rossignol?

jdang307 02-20-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschmidt33 (Post 379032)
All,

Looking to get my first board. After renting all winter, borrowing boards, visiting shops, and reading online I think I want a Rossignol One Magtek 156. Should be perfect considering the icy conditions in SE MI. Any other boards out there I should consider before pulling the trigger? Figured I could get a deal this time of year and be ready for next winter...

Mike

Only companies with the Magne Traction are Rossi, Gnu, lib tech and Smokin.

Nivek 02-20-2011 11:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jones Mt Twin or Flagship.

Leo 02-21-2011 08:58 AM

Lib Tech Attack Banana EC2 Snowboard 2011

Attack Banana is more forgiving than that Rossi. The One Magtek is real stiff and fast so I don't think it is an ideal first board for you.

The Attack Banana is a mid-stiff with a rocker between the feet and camber underfoot. More playful and forgiving than the One Magtek with more pop as well. Has the Magnetraction you want too.

The only downside would be the Extruded base, but Lib Tech makes good bases and their extruded isn't as slow as other brands' extruded bases.

Oh, the 159 is good size. It has a contact length closer to a 157/158.

By the way, I see you are in SE MI. Snowboards.net is a part of the Summit Sports family. Michigan based with shops only in Michigan.

/EndLocalPlug

Hodgepodge 02-21-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo (Post 379240)

Attack Banana is more forgiving than that Rossi. The One Magtek is real stiff and fast so I don't think it is an ideal first board for you.

The Attack Banana is a mid-stiff with a rocker between the feet and camber underfoot. More playful and forgiving than the One Magtek with more pop as well. Has the Magnetraction you want too.

The only downside would be the Extruded base, but Lib Tech makes good bases and their extruded isn't as slow as other brands' extruded bases.

By the way, I see you are in SE MI. Snowboards.net is a part of the Summit Sports family. Michigan based with shops only in Michigan.

/EndLocalPlug

agreed

10char

mschmidt33 02-21-2011 10:54 AM

Leo,

Thanks for the recomendation! I have spent my time at Summit and that is actually where I intended to buy the Rossi. I need to buy boots and bindings as well and the budget is already blown. Can't find any boots local this time of year so I'm a bit stuck. My back still hurts from the last time I went out too. Trying to decide if I should get a new wakeboard or pony up and get all the snowboard gear at a discount for next year. Just got excited again with the 10" we got last night. Thanks again, I will keep an eye out for an Attack Banana... f'n cool name too. All my buddy's ride 152 to 156 and they say stay in that range if not go smaller. Is a larger board more forgiving for beginners which I still consider myself?

Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo (Post 379240)

/EndLocalPlug