Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   T9 Jib or Capita Stairmaster? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/37974-t9-jib-capita-stairmaster.html)

TailPress 02-23-2011 11:47 AM

T9 Jib or Capita Stairmaster?

The title says it all, I have been looking at these 2 boards as my begginer/intermediate park boards and they both seem very fit for what I would like to do and in my price range, the only question is which is better? I am 5'5 and 130 lbs with size 9.5 boot size, according to specs which board would you believe is better for me? Thanks for your guys help!:) Also if you guys could reccomend a fairly cheap set up (Boots, bindings) that would be fantastic too, Thanks again! :)

Edit: Mostly jibbing will be done along with casual downhill riding, nothing extreme mountains (Possibly some urban jibbing in the future as well but not for a while.)

Nivek 02-23-2011 07:15 PM

Neither are the most durable of companies. CAPiTA's are built to last as long as that type of board does. Maybe 2 seasons of hard park. T9 is just unreliable.

I would really take a look at a Ride Kink, Flow Verve, or a Signal Park.

cncsd 02-23-2011 07:25 PM

I would say the Stairmaster over the Jib, definitely. I've had both, just preferred the Capita.

What about the Salomonder? It's an awesome park board. Nice and soft, but with the equalizer sidecut, it's super stable and grippy for downhill riding, ice, etc.

Hodgepodge 02-24-2011 07:38 AM

Technine is really crappy in my opinion. Kind of like the company South Pole compared to North Face, just a nock off. The Stairmaster is great if you ride every day and need something that keeps coming back. But as said above, you will probably get only 2 seasons or so out of it. Check out the signal park too, its pretty soft compared to the two above, but is a sweet jib deck.

Extremo 02-24-2011 03:26 PM

Beating the shit out of my stairmaster this year. It's holding up pretty well with 40+ days of hard park riding. It's probably one of my favorite boards.

Hodgepodge 02-24-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extremo (Post 381213)
Beating the shit out of my stairmaster this year. It's holding up pretty well with 40+ days of hard park riding. It's probably one of my favorite boards.

speaking of which, i got this years and am lovin it too, but what bindings do you use? i was thinking of getting flux's but went for union contacts instead and i have to say i am not impressed.

Extremo 02-25-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodgepodge (Post 381292)
speaking of which, i got this years and am lovin it too, but what bindings do you use? i was thinking of getting flux's but went for union contacts instead and i have to say i am not impressed.

I've been riding Union Force for a few years. I don't like the Contacts either...too flexible and shitty straps.

Hodgepodge 02-25-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extremo (Post 381719)
I've been riding Union Force for a few years. I don't like the Contacts either...too flexible and shitty straps.

word. i feel like im barely even attached to the deck with the contacts.