Question for Sub Zero, Artifact rocker riders. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question for Sub Zero, Artifact rocker riders.

Got my choices down to 2 boards for a butter board. looking at the Sub 152 and the Artifact rocker 153. Reading some posts from other riders here seems like the Sub Zero can actually handle a little all mtn riding, was curious how the artifact rocker felt around the mountain and if anyone has ridden both boards and how they compare to each other?

My stats

5'6"
size 8
160-165 lbs
mercm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i got a buddy ur weight thats been riding a artifact rocker 150 allover the mtn...its a pretty flexible board, dno about the subzero
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have been riding a 152 subzero for about a whole season now, and I love it. Its super soft, and very easy to butter with. If you don't detune the edges a lot this thing can def handle the whole mtn. Maybe not as well as a super stiff dirrectional board, but it can hold it's own; in the end it is the rider that counts =). It can handle larger jumps as well, but it's just better if you land bolts. It is awesome in the pow and i really have not had any problems with it at high speed. If you don't detune your edges at all, this thing can def lay down some trenches.

I have not ridden an artifact rocker, but i hear they are not that soft.

After a whole season of park riding my board has held up really well. The top sheet seems to be tougher than other brands i have had (rome, capita, omatic). If you are looking for a softer park board, i definately recomend it.

im 6'0 140 lbs and 10.5 DC boot (size 10 in every other brand though) used with L/XL union contact SLs.

152 would fit you well.

you prob can't go wrong with either board though.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've owned a Sub for 3 years. I'm selling mine.

I just got to a point where the board didn't have enough for me. I needed something with more snap and energy. Its a super fun board for sure, but ended up more of a one trick pony. Yes it will handle everything, not just jibs, but other boards are just more fun outside of that. Its best in deeper pow and rails. Anywhere else it just doesn't compare to some other boards.

I would really look at some of the little bit stiffer jib boards that are better suited for the rest of the mountain. Nitro Swindle, Ride Kink, Academy Propaganda Reverse, 2012 Signal Park zero, Flow Verve, or a Bataleon Funkink.

All of those will be a ton of fun in butters, but will also be useful elsewhere. I cannot think of a day that I spent the whole 6 or so hours buttering.

DON'T BUY ONE TRICK BOARDS. It's just not smart.

The Verve might be your most economical choice. Here are some reviews.
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Flow Verve Used and Reviewed
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...-flux-yes.html

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Nivek, your post makes alot of sense. I originally picked a noodle butter board because I didn't want a board the was close to my current setup , NS SL and targas, but do you think something like the Ride Kink or FunKink give me that totally different feel from my SL?
mercm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Definitely.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

theres also the k2 fastplant and parkstar. theyre both great park, jib boards. The fastplant has a bamboo core so its durable as shit and will last londer doin rails. And the cambered artifact is an awesome board, its buttery as shit but the camber gives it some nice pop. Im personally riding the artifact
thtrussiankid01 is offline   Reply With Quote