UPS Delivery stolen? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I'm assuming that you just picked out what you wanted to argue from my post since you totally misconstrued what I stated.

I hate the policy of leaving stuff at your front porch in plain view. I'm all for leaving stuff, just be mindful of the possibility of it being stolen. Would I prefer a signature for big ticket items? Absolutely. If not, then leave it at my house out-of-sight.

As for you not ever being home, that's your fault. I always try to make sure somebody is home for big ticket items or else I leave a polite note on the door asking them to conceal it. You're only happy until you yourself experience a problem with this current leave in plain view policy.

Not all of us are as fortunate as you.
Wow...the internet is an easy place to get misunderstood. Take a deep breath. None of what I said was at all meant to piss anyone off or intentionally mis-interpret.

As far as not being home...some of us work for a living.
kaborkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

I lost an item once UPS leaving it at door. When I called said that shipper did not request items signature at delivery, so basically they can leave at door. Luckily, company sent replacemnt.

I also advise UPS to never ever leave anything at door again. So, on my name/file UPS now does not leave item at door. I called once to ask them to leave something ($small $10 gift) at side of house and they told me we have instructiuons not to! Yeeah! LOL

Anyways, lesson learned for me. Always ship where someone is available. So I now have ALL items shipped to my work where I (or someone) always there.

Cheers...
dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Wow, that blows. How did your phonecall with UPS go?
SPAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

Just called UPS.

They say the driver was not required to have a signature (thanks UPS).
They say the retailer put the value on the box to be $400 (it's closer to $900)
They said to call the retailer to open up an investigation.

Next call to the retailer
onji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

Called the retailer

Retailer said he'll call UPS to start an investiation.
Retailer said he'll call back.

All in all the guy seemed pretty helpful, certainly a lot more helpful than a certain Australian store I had a similar problem with. Fingers crossed he can pull through, double fingers crossed I can ride this thing before season's end :hopefull:

Only problem is one of the boards I ordered is now out of stock in shop, and they haven't really got any equivalent boards... Maybe I'll have to wait 'til the 2012 stock comes out.

I'd also like to thank everyone who's replied to this thread, the feedback has given me much better hopes than what I had initially. I've had some really bad experiences with this type of thing in Australia, and it looks like the US retailers (at least in the snowboard community) are much more responsible
Old 02-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onji View Post
Hey streamline thanks for getting back. That must've really sucked being a student, books are really expensive for undergrads. Your story seems to be similar to what I've heard when UPS/Fedex drops the ball, that being the customer calls the merchant, the merchant calls the courier and they have to pay (probably an insurance claim).

Was it much of a f**karound gettin the university to get your refund? I had some mail order stuff get stolen out of my letterbox when I was in Australia and the merchant was a complete douche about the situation, I eventually got a refund but it took about 4 weeks and about 6 letters of complaint.

Are the US merchants just as tight?
Hey sorry I couldn't respond sooner umm it wasn't difficult get a refund at all. I called let them know and they opened up an investigation and I'd say like a week later they refunded my credit card. It seems like you got your stuff taken care for the most part. The worst part is the waiting game and the fact that someone most likely stole your goods. Keep us updated and I hope it all gets taken care of!
streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #27 (permalink)

This is why I ship everything to my work.

UPS once left 4 brand new tires in front of my house. Luckily nobody took them.
WHOisDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #28 (permalink)

I hear ya WHOSis Dan, and totally agree. At the moment I'm in Japan so I can't ship it to the office. Getting some deep snow dumps over here though, I've just got no wood under my boots. :/
Old 02-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If you see something that costs a little more on the site, you could try to reason with the company to take some money off because they were the ones who undervalued the package. The whole situation is totally their fault.
SPAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice View Post
I lost an item once UPS leaving it at door. When I called said that shipper did not request items signature at delivery, so basically they can leave at door. Luckily, company sent replacemnt.

I also advise UPS to never ever leave anything at door again. So, on my name/file UPS now does not leave item at door. I called once to ask them to leave something ($small $10 gift) at side of house and they told me we have instructiuons not to! Yeeah! LOL

Anyways, lesson learned for me. Always ship where someone is available. So I now have ALL items shipped to my work where I (or someone) always there.

Cheers...

Is english your first language?
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote