Dealing with bindings that come loose all the time... - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze View Post
Keep in mind that threadlocking compound doesn't keep screws tight. It just prevents relaxation due to acoustic noise, which a snowboard (especially at high speed or over textures like granular snowpack) experiences lots of. The actual tightness of threaded members is caused by the longitudinal stresses developed by straining the bolted members when tightening past the point where physical interference occurs. This increases the normal forces on the planes of the threads which is what develops the friction that causes resistance to torque. In other words, if you don't put some muscle behind it, threadlocker won't do anything by itself. Get yourself a quality number 3 phillips head screwdriver with a good handle.
A fellow nerd!
Cycle4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

Sure am. It pays the bills and good thing because my snowboarding doesn't. It does the opposite.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #33 (permalink)

Having the same problem with my Rome Mod Rocker and Flux Bindings. It's still a newish board so I doubt/hope it's not the inserts. However after years of hearing or being told that all boards have the same screw insert depth and it's the base plate thickness that effects the screw length. I decided to check with my old Burton and Capita boards. Turns out the Burtons insert is at least 2mm deeper than the Capita insert.
I'll measure the Rome insert and the Flux base plate depth tomorrow and buy the appropriate size screws. If they stay fixed tight I'll repost for any other poor bastards like myself and OP having the same problem.
KillFace is offline   Reply With Quote