Powder board vs. Neversummer SL 155? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you're going to fly out west only once in awhile, then I'd just use what you have and be ready to demo if they have an epic pow day. This way you will neither have to decide on which board to pack nor will you have to pack two boards.

If you live out west then HELL YEAH on buying a dedicated pow stick.
Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I can float a 158 SL-R at 180+pack no problem. It's just a matter of putting a bit more weight on the back. The faster you go, the better it floats. That being said, I have a Summit Split, and it's unsinkable.

Do you have R/C on the SL? If so, with practice you should be able to float it inbounds no problem.
Yeah, it's a 2011 SL with rocker-camber. I didn't set my bindings back for powder, because I heard that you're supposed to keep your bindings matched up with the center of the progressive side cut. Has anybody tried setting their bindings all the way back on an SL...and how did it go?

I did better in powder by shifting more weight to my rear leg, but heard that ideally you shouldn't have to do that too much if you have a good powder board. So, is it true that you can shift more of your weight to your front leg on a powder board to achieve better steering?

At this point I might just try shifting my bindings back on my SL before buying a dedicated powder board. Or just demoing a powder board out West next time I go. Also, the Charlie Slasher looks like good engineering, but the I'm not a big fan of the topsheet or base graphics...so will hold out for now. GOod reasoning there, Toecutter! Thanks!

Last edited by borborygmii; 02-27-2011 at 08:17 PM.
borborygmii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borborygmii View Post
Yeah, it's a 2011 SL with rocker-camber. I didn't set my bindings back for powder, because I heard that you're supposed to keep your bindings matched up with the center of the progressive side cut. Has anybody tried setting their bindings all the way back on an SL...and how did it go?
Not on the SL but on the F1. Worked well, kept the nose up in deep pow, but was a bit "funny" on groomer runout. Not bad, but just "funny."

Quote:
I did better in powder by shifting more weight to my rear leg, but heard that ideally you shouldn't have to do that too much if you have a good powder board. So, is it true that you can shift more of your weight to your front leg on a powder board to achieve better steering?
On my pow board I don't weight the front leg, bu it's more evenly balanced (rather than honking on the rear leg).
Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borborygmii View Post
Also, the Charlie Slasher looks like good engineering, but the I'm not a big fan of the topsheet or base graphics...so will hold out for now. GOod reasoning there, Toecutter! Thanks!
If you're looking at the graphics you're doing it wrong.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
I'd say just set your bindings back on really deep days...
I ride a 2011 K2 Slayblade 159 which is a 3/4" setback. I also use the offset disc to set my front binding back one notch to reduce the width of my stance. I've never really had too much trouble in the pow, but should I set both bindings back from their pre-determined positions on good pow days?
gauntlet09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

When I ride my cambered 160 NS Heritage in pow I set the binding all the way back. I keep my stance the exact same, I just set the binding in the rearmost holes for my back foot and then set the front binding accordingly. I'm probably riding with about 2" of setback with that setup.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Resident poet

Get a pow stick or rent/demo...no substitute on a deep poo day. I'm about 180#, Option 157 cambered freeride for groomers and about 8" of fresh....set all the way back and if deeper it will burn the back leg; also got a 159 banana and its ok for about 8" but deeper its abit of a weird ride...kind of slipperly and got easily dumped. But for deeper poo 12"+, charlie slasher 164, set all the way back...but it still seems a tad small, but you can cruise the low angle stuff. With the cam tail; the groomers are good...even riding switch and in the poo, you can boost off stuff with stable landing...unlike the bananna.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 02-28-2011 at 04:36 AM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote