Question about Gnu Carbon Credit board and boot size..please read - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question about Gnu Carbon Credit board and boot size..please read

ok so long story short i am getting a replacement board from a company and my local shop will trade it for a Gnu Carbon Credit Series in 147..which is the board ive been looking into...i am wondering about the width of the board compared to my boot size...ive read a million things online about how wide boards should be and get a million diff answeres....the board i am getting is 147 in length and the width is 24.2....what is the recommended boot size for this board...i have size 10 boots and my feet arent gonna grow anymore so ill be at a 10 forever prob...so is a size 10 technically too big for the width of this board..please help me out..thanks

EDIT:.... also i was just looking on the Rome website and most of their boards with a length of 147 have a waist width of 246....how does this translate to the gnu which i guess is in cm...? really would like to know how to compare the 2...

Last edited by aholeinthewor1d; 02-28-2011 at 05:24 PM.
aholeinthewor1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

246 mm would be 24.6 cm...so it's wider than the GNU. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Men's 10? I ask because given the boot size I'm guessing the 147 is pretty small for you, though I could be completely wrong of course.

In regards to 24.2 and a size 10 boot it will depend on stance width and angles...but your on the edge I would say.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yea im a size 10 boot..im pretty short maybe like 5.2 or something...the 147 comes a little above my chin...i weigh between 140-150 so i know im over the recommended weight range but im fine with that..just concered about the width...i ride around 15/15 degree stance...sometimes 12 front and.back. 6
Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

my buddy has sz 12 boots and rides a reg width board with zero problems...so i would think a sz 10 boot on that board should be totally fine, especially with a ducked out stance
threej21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well my stance isn't too ducked out..most likely it will be like 12 degrees in the front and maybe 6-12 degrees in the back...anyone else if u have any input please let me know as soon as i decide i can get the board..just worried about this
Old 03-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Bumppp...anyone? Really don't wanna regret it..please explain
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have size ten boots and look for boards with a 25 cm waist or a little wider. I like to lay down carves and get boot drag on smaller boards. 24.2 is really small for size tens even if they are low volume.

Some people make do with a skinny board but I prefer a wider one, my 159 skate banana is 25.5 and feels right on to me.