Beginner Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beginner Board

hey

after numerous hours of doing some research on beginner boards here iv narrowed it down to 2 boards. GNU CC and Ride Machete. which board would be a better beginner board to learn on but will allow me to continue learning on the board for years to come until i get another board in the far future when i can consider myself "expereienced".

only been boarding twice over the weekend at camelback and i love it and that is why i want my own, and its end of the season so sales will be all over.

im 25, 5'9 175lbs 10-10.5 boot.

what size for each board will be good. looks like im a 156 which GNU has but im not sure on the size for the Ride Machete since they dont have 156.

also whats a good binding for these boards? i was reading on the flow nxt and saw it was a pretty good binding.

thank you guys!!
NJzFinestG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Gnu all day.

I don't know about flow bindings, I prefer traditional bindings with toe cap.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The GNU CC is a great board for beginners to learn on. It will also ride nicely into your intermediate stage. If you ride hardpack/ice, the magnetraction on this board is going to be great. It has wavy edges which gives you 7 points of contact on the snow. It's these multiple contact points that give you gnarly edge hold on cruddy conditions. It has a full rocker on it and an extruded base. You don't have to wax extruded bases if you're lazy, but if you want the most speed out of your board, you should wax it before every session.

Gnu Carbon Credit BTX Snowboard 2011

The Ride Machete is an awesome board! However, it is fast and aggressive. If you are confident in your skills, it is definitely a good deal right now considering the sales. The LowRize rocker on the Machete is one of my favorite full rocker profiles. It has a very mellow rise in the tips and is nearly flat in the middle. This rocker design gives you just enough looseness to be playful and provides awesome float in the pow. It's a mid flex board and depending on the size you choose, could go up to mid-stiff. I'd put you on a 158 for your weight so it will be mid-stiff. This board has a sintered base. Sintered bases are much faster than extruded bases when both are waxed. However, sintered bases are very slow when the base dries out. Sintered bases absorb wax much better than extruded though so you don't have to wax it every session unless you rode some real cruddy or wet conditions. I usually wax my boards (sintered) every couple sessions. Sometimes even three depending on how fast the base dries out.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

so Leo ud pick the machete over the CC. i live on the east coast so more ice. will i notice the magnetration on CC whereas the machete dosent have it.

Last edited by NJzFinestG; 03-02-2011 at 03:45 PM.
NJzFinestG is offline   Reply With Quote