Opinion on T.Rice board size I'm buying - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Opinion on T.Rice board size I'm buying

I found a great deal on T.Rice boards and here are my options:

157 HP

I'm 6'2 190 lbs 11.5 boots. I ride 156-168 boards, but all my recents have been 164's. I'd like a board that I can charge with YET still playful for spins, trees side trails and maybe even presses (WIP). Which of the above sizes would you pick for this.

I have other boards (so it's not one and only), but not sure if I'm going too short witrh the 157 AND if I should get HP or regular considering I'll likely be buying the 2012 HP 164.5 next year.

Cheers and thnx in advance...
dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you think you are buying the '12 HP 14.5 get the regular 157. no need to spend extra on the HP if you are sizing down anyway. As Travis himself says, HP is nice because of weight reduction and ability to maneuver the 164.5 like a smaller board.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

The 157 will be short, but probably pretty playful at your weight, just make sure the waist (258mm) isn't too skinny for your boots.

I ended up ordering the 157 regular, would've liked the HP but it was stretching my budget to afford the regular anyway. I'm about 154lb, so I think it'll ride a bit larger for me. I'm still waiting on it to arrive at my place because UPS dropped the ball during shipping.

Out of curiosity why are you getting a T Rice 2011 and a 2012?

Endeavor High 5 looks like a fast charger that you can size down considerably because it has a really, really long effective edge as a result of the 'flatkick' thing they have going on a tip & tail. But I haven't read anyone in these forums that has ridden one.
onji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onji View Post
Out of curiosity why are you getting a T Rice 2011 and a 2012?
I usually buy late into season and rotate the next year. And I read that 157 blunted is kinda different than teh 164 pointy! They are the same just different size... but hey!

I want a playful 157 that can hold it's own on blacks and steeps, hold a good edge and charge hard. And found these T.Rice boards on special. I wish I did not have options... lol

Anyway... I'm still not sure to be honest if the 157 T.Rice is what I need for a playful board! So maybe just get the 164 and look for a softer rocker in the 157 range instead!!! dunno. But must decide tonight.

Cheers...
dice is offline   Reply With Quote