Another beginning board thread (looking at sales). - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another beginning board thread (looking at sales).

Hey everyone. I was two planking most of my life, but I switched to boarding this year. Long story short, love it way more than I ever did skiing, and will continue it.

So, I bought my friend's 2005 ride control (146) and 2006 ride LS bindings for $140. These have served me well for all five times I've gone on lifts this year (plus two on bunny hills). But, I love the sport, I feel myself getting much better everytime, and I would like to get my own gear, as there are now (and will be) tons of sales to come.

I weigh 135, and am 5'7". I have size 10 shoes. In addition, right now I'm using my friend's old lace Morrows, which he gave to me for free. They are size 11 though, so I could use with getting my own pair.

I've researched boards. I don't really want to do park, not yet anyway, so pure freeride/all mountain (assuming that means middle ground/balanced?) works best for me. Directional, or twin directional, so I can turn better. And softer flex/more damp I think?

In addition, I am a bit of a freak about my stuff. I don't like my goods breaking. I know to expect chips on the topsheet, otherwise it's not really snowboarding. But my research/background in knowing these things through science/common sense, leads me to believe these boards/brands will serve me the best, as far as durability/other requirements go.

Another point is, should I be looking at girl snowboards? I have a pretty small frame, so smaller boards/softer flex seem the way to go with me.

Never Summer SL (really like their designs).
Never Summer Lotus (this seems like the perfect board, barring it being a woman's board).
Arbor boards (still finding my specifics) (the ones with bamboo top sheet)
Ride Kink (reviews seem to say this one is particularly
Smokin Snowboards
Nitro boards
Rome boards
Sentry (really keen to try their free demo).

Any help is appreciated.
Poseidenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I weigh a little more than you and ride a 151. No need for a girls board IMO. I've rode a 153 no problem but it was a little stiff. Your weight is right in the middle of the NS SL 151 weight chart.

Never Summer Snowboard Size Chart - 2011 | evo

It's not that soft, so if you want more flex, maybe an EVO instead. Size 10 boots won't do so well on women boards, I don't think.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

yeah you dont need a women's board. Im 130 and 5'7" and i ride a 150 rome artifact.
a good all mountain board would be a rome agent but im partial to rome boards
and if youre looking for a long lasting board look into the k2 fastplant
its made with bamboo and extremely durable, it is more park oriented though
thtrussiankid01 is offline   Reply With Quote