Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   SL reference binding mounts? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/38257-sl-reference-binding-mounts.html)

mercm3 03-02-2011 10:46 PM

SL reference binding mounts?

Which holes are the reference mounts for the Never Summer SL. I'm used to boards marking the reference mounts but my SL doesn't seem to have any indicators.

windswell 05-26-2014 06:57 PM

I have the question about a never summer cobra.

Manicmouse 05-26-2014 07:36 PM

It's weird they have chosen to put 6 holes in a row so you cannot be centred in the inserts, you have to be slightly forward or back. I'm sure my other boards had 7 holes.

for example:

( ::|:|: ::|:|: )

Your stance width is not determined by the board though so it really doesn't matter, figure out what offset and stance width you want and then use the appropriate holes.

jboards 05-26-2014 08:12 PM

Try throwing on your boots and standing in the bindings and seeing how it feels.

Also

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manicmouse (Post 1720682)
It's weird they have chosen to put 6 holes in a row so you cannot be centred in the inserts, you have to be slightly forward or back. I'm sure my other boards had 7 holes.

for example:

( ::|:|: ::|:|: )

I'm probably not understanding this properly but wouldn't this be centred?
( ::|:|: :|:|:: )

Manicmouse 05-26-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jboards (Post 1720730)
I'm probably not understanding this properly but wouldn't this be centred?
( ::|:|: :|:|:: )

Yes but that narrows the stance width, so it's hard to say whether that is the "reference width" if there is such a thing.

Deacon 05-26-2014 11:01 PM

I'm not gonna go pull my bindings to check, but I'm quite positive it's labeled right on the board.

Mizu Kuma 05-26-2014 11:14 PM

Reference Points are only a recommended starting point!!!!!

Just bolt ya binders on at the stance width you feel comfortable ridin with, and just make sure they're a "mirror image" in regards to each other!!!!!

Then ride!!!!!

If ya feel that the board is a little to hard to spin/turn, narrow the stance!!!!!

If ya feel that the board isn't as stable as you'd want, widen the stance!!!!!

24WERD 05-26-2014 11:43 PM

This thread is from 2011 and the bump was asking about the Cobra, so why are we talking about this considering this model is discontinued?!?

Mizu Kuma 05-27-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24WERD (Post 1720858)
This thread is from 2011 and the bump was asking about the Cobra, so why are we talking about this considering this model is discontinued?!?

Aren't they askin the same question though?????

If so, it all still applies!!!!!

Manicmouse 05-27-2014 05:06 PM

Yep, seems second poster has exactly the same question about NS boards as the first poster.

A new thread might have been a sensible move :)