buy a new board now or later? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonpeel View Post
I just saved 50% on a Technine board and bindings, and had a 5% off coupon on top of that on seshday.com. It's sorta like the whiskey militia site but their sales last several days, not minutes. Let me know if you need an invite. 3 days left on the sale.
yea i would totally love to see that site and the deals they have there can u invite me?
rockmonkey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuen View Post
buy a brand new board at the start of next season and stay away from trusnow or other online stores! help your local board shop out and keep the industry alive
Trusnow = the house now, which doesn't help matters any. Its not like they have killer deals anymore, but the skip on tax isnt bad alone.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

I say if you dont care for whats coming out next .. get it now!

the board i just picked up a month ago, Burton Custom @ 40% off of current year and its in my size! .. that deal beats ANY online sites ..

werd up on supporting local shops .. even thou stowe is not that local from me LOL
TSW910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default do it

pull the trigger
Old 03-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmonkey95 View Post
i've been wondering for a while if it would be cheaper to buy a board now at the end of the season or one at the beginning of the season. which time period has the better sale?
I got a 2009 Rossignol Storm for $140 last year, new from EVO.com in the middle of summer. Yea, it's not the most popular board but they had some other great deals too. I love the board, it is a great board for my skill level, riding style and the environment I ride in. Rossignol doesn't really make bad products (at least in the ski line), sure there are better in comparison, sometimes when you compare the prices between two brands you get the impression one brand sucks over another because there is more benefit to buy another brand, but do your research:

1. find the exact board you want!
2. find a couple more and write down their specs
3. go shopping in the middle of summer and pick out something within the spec ranges you want if you don't find your exact board first.

You are sure to save a bundle. And if not, I'm sure you will at least get the same deal you would today!

I do this with clothes too. I buy alot of stuff off season and save a good bit of money. I bought a Nike Sumo 2 sq driver for $89 NEW, a year old but still...new in the middle of winter. At the time it was a pretty good deal because the off season for golf isn't so off compared to snow sports , at least in America.

sometimes it's hard to wait, and you really want that new flashy super gizmo crazy killer thing. Watch this before you buy into the hype tho! (over 18 only, not work safe, don't worry no nudity only words)

Sony Releases New Stupid Piece Of Shit That Doesn't Fucking Work | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincraft View Post
I got a 2009 Rossignol Storm for $140 last year, new from EVO.com in the middle of summer. Yea, it's not the most popular board but they had some other great deals too. I love the board, it is a great board for my skill level, riding style and the environment I ride in. Rossignol doesn't really make bad products (at least in the ski line), sure there are better in comparison, sometimes when you compare the prices between two brands you get the impression one brand sucks over another because there is more benefit to buy another brand, but do your research:

1. find the exact board you want!
2. find a couple more and write down their specs
3. go shopping in the middle of summer and pick out something within the spec ranges you want if you don't find your exact board first.

You are sure to save a bundle. And if not, I'm sure you will at least get the same deal you would today!

I do this with clothes too. I buy alot of stuff off season and save a good bit of money. I bought a Nike Sumo 2 sq driver for $89 NEW, a year old but still...new in the middle of winter. At the time it was a pretty good deal because the off season for golf isn't so off compared to snow sports , at least in America.

sometimes it's hard to wait, and you really want that new flashy super gizmo crazy killer thing. Watch this before you buy into the hype tho! (over 18 only, not work safe, don't worry no nudity only words)

Sony Releases New Stupid Piece Of Shit That Doesn't Fucking Work | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network
lmfao what a video, you rock for that one bro..