What is the difference between Bruton Customs and Burton Custom Detox? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mutzy

Default What is the difference between Bruton Customs and Burton Custom Detox?

Yeah, I spelt Burton wrong on accident.

Hey guys, I am planning on buying new bindings but while I was researching, I noticed the custom and the custom detox bindings. However, I can not find out whats different between the customs and the custom detox from burton. I have tried searching for info online but I can't really find solid differences. I have heard from some people, however, that the detox is better for parks? If you can provide me with some information, I would be grateful.

Plus, if you can give me some suggestions for other bindings, that would be cool.
Some info: -I do a lot of freeriding but also hit the terrain park sometimes. The main issue with my old bindings (LTD LT5) is that they were unresponsive and didn't provide a great feel and hold on my boots. I am also looking for bindings that will eat up shock from jumps and such.

Currently, those Rome Targas are looking so fine, so I may just get those when the prices drop. Thanks.

Last edited by Mutzy; 02-11-2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Spelt Burton wrong heh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
PapaWood

The detox has a bottle opener on the highback, a transluscent baseplate that looks cooler than the regular one, and some cooler color schemes. Everything other than the bottle opener is purely cosmetic. I also believe they only release limited runs of the colors each year which are themed after some type of alcoholic beverage. They just basically add a little fun and cool factor for those who want a little more flash out of a Burton Custom.

I personally love the corona themed custom detox.

Last edited by PapaWood; 02-12-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the detox are colored in the spirit of alcohol, the yellow like corona, and the oranges like some kind of vodka i think. they're built the exact same. if you want something park, and you can afford it, look into the p1's.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
gearmeout

the detox is a "coalition" store only item, meaning you can't buy it online and have to go in store to a coalition store. Burton does this to offer customers an incentive to buy from brick and mortars.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
hstylez

Pretty much what was said, they just look cooler. Nuf said.