All mountain board suggestion - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default All mountain board suggestion

My head is spinning from trying to pick my first board. I'm hoping this forum can help.

About me: I'm 5/8", 190lbs, size 9 boot. I am new to the sport and have only ridden 5 times in the last month. I live in Phoenix so I will mostly be riding at Snowbowl and Sunrise which means a lot of hardpack, ice, and occasional powder. My current goals are honing my carvings skill, learning to ride switch, jibbing, and riding through trees. It's hard to tell if I will spend any time in the park, although if I were to, it would be very basic stuff.

The following are two boards I was considering, but now I'm not so sure they match the riding style I just described.

GNU Carbon Credit 159 (told it may be to aggressive for my riding style and skill level)
Lib Tech TRS C2BTX 159 (told this may be better suited for me and that it's a good value)

In addition to all that I've read so far I've got my buddy telling me to get a traditional camber twin and to stay away from magnatraction and the other manufacturer's similar technology because of the likelihood of catching an unexpected edge (does detuning solve this?).

I’d like to keep the cost of a new board below $500.

Questions:

1. Is the style of riding I'm describing freeride or all mountain?
2. Based on the answer to the above what board and length do you recommend?

-James

Last edited by XJames; 03-03-2011 at 09:59 PM.
XJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

sounds more like all-mountain riding to me.
Either of your choices would be fine. another two boards to look at are the ride kink which is designed for park riding, but after riding one it made a good all-around board in my opinion. good mid flex, not too stiff or too soft if ur just starting. tru-twin, regular camber. very durable sidewalls.
the capita stairmaster is also a good well rounded board. regular camber, mid-flexiness, twin. it also got alot of good reviews and awards. and best yet it has a low price. definitely don't spend alot on a board yet. get decent board learn to ride well and try out ur friends boards
DANKtheTANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd look at a Signal Omni and a Flow Infinite

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote