Board Help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Help

looking to find out what type of board gives the most pop for park riding but yet can still cruze down the mountin, i am looking to mainly do park stuff, camber, rocker and so on, witch gives best pop and flex???
burtoncustom156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtoncustom156 View Post
looking to find out what type of board gives the most pop for park riding but yet can still cruze down the mountin, i am looking to mainly do park stuff, camber, rocker and so on, witch gives best pop and flex???
Hi BurtonCustom,

The trick is to match up the right board with the right rider. In terms of flex, rider weight is the critical element. There are great designs in both camber and rocker (there are many variations and combinations of rocker, camber and flat technologies around today) that will make for a great all aorund board that loves the park. Please let us know your weight and foot size as well as what board you are currently riding (and how it is working out for you).
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

U have been riding a 2011 Burton custom but I cracked the nose on 2 of them thus year and come to find out the board was way under rated for my weight, they had me in a 156 and I am 6ft 225lb and have a 11.5 boot I'm mainly looking to get into just goofing around trying tricks riding park but like to just cruse down the trails at times I would like to stay with Burton if at all posable and extra info would help
burtoncustom156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Had you considered the Custom X?

At 225 you will need the to go to a longer size in either the Custom or the Custom X to get into stiffer cores. The 156 maxes out at 175 lbs. 50 lbs over the max makes it a complete noodle for you. Demo to see how long you need to go. If you have been liking the custom 156 at all, you may be able to get away without jumping straight to the biggest size. The X is stiffer betweeen the bindings (and overall) and would be a better suggestion for you.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote