Burton T7 or Custom V? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton T7 or Custom X

Has anyone had a chance to ride or own any of these 2 boards? I never owned a burton and am now looking at these 2 boards. I am 5'8 and 200lbs and I love going fast. Is the T7 worth the extra $$$$$$?

Last edited by snowboardr77; 03-07-2011 at 02:35 PM.
snowboardr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

i own a T6 (for 3 yrs) and love it, but it's a very "demanding" board... ie. you have to be on it and charging at all times... it can get tiring, and it's not a very forgiving board at all...

i recently picked up a Rossi Experience because I got tired of the T6 (still keep it for groomer days), and the fact that it sinks like an anchor in pow... really have to work to keep the nose up, since the nose is so stiff... great through crud though - just blasts through

if you want something "do it all" but still stiff, i'd suggest looking at the Custom X instead
MI_canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_canuck View Post
i own a T6 (for 3 yrs) and love it, but it's a very "demanding" board... ie. you have to be on it and charging at all times... it can get tiring, and it's not a very forgiving board at all...

i recently picked up a Rossi Experience because I got tired of the T6 (still keep it for groomer days), and the fact that it sinks like an anchor in pow... really have to work to keep the nose up, since the nose is so stiff... great through crud though - just blasts through

if you want something "do it all" but still stiff, i'd suggest looking at the Custom X instead
I live on the east coast so always in crude and ice...lol
I have a arbor wasteland,lib tech skunk ape,and a Rome artifact rocker so it would be just for flying on groomers
Old 03-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

pretty big difference in the stiffness between custom V and the T7, and a different camber shape. T7 is traditional camber, custom V is a V rocker.

if you are looking for a really stiff board for flying on groomers Custom X and T7 both fit the bill. mind you, if you have big feet (10/11+) you will have difficulty fitting onto a T7, which has no wide version. custom X on the other hand does have a wide version.

since you haven't owned a Burton before i assume you have no EST bindings. this is binding technology specific to Burton boards - both the T7 and Custom X come only with EST technology so you will need new bindings as well. something stiff and responsive like the C60 or CO2 (both top end and both expensive) at a push maybe the Cartels. either way, it wont be cheap buying into Burton

as an alternative, i would suggest Ride Society or, slightly more expensive, Nitro Blacklight or Nitro Prolight. all stiff, all directional, all traditional camber. good luck!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraveler View Post
pretty big difference in the stiffness between custom V and the T7, and a different camber shape. T7 is traditional camber, custom V is a V rocker.

if you are looking for a really stiff board for flying on groomers Custom X and T7 both fit the bill. mind you, if you have big feet (10/11+) you will have difficulty fitting onto a T7, which has no wide version. custom X on the other hand does have a wide version.

since you haven't owned a Burton before i assume you have no EST bindings. this is binding technology specific to Burton boards - both the T7 and Custom X come only with EST technology so you will need new bindings as well. something stiff and responsive like the C60 or CO2 (both top end and both expensive) at a push maybe the Cartels. either way, it wont be cheap buying into Burton

as an alternative, i would suggest Ride Society or, slightly more expensive, Nitro Blacklight or Nitro Prolight. all stiff, all directional, all traditional camber. good luck!
I meant to put custom X not V I just ordered some c60's from the house board shop.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraveler View Post

Now you can put any bindings on a channel board.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have the new Custom with Cartel est bindings. It's a nice board who allows you to ride aggressively if you want to. For me it was the perfect board right now, but I wish it was just a bit softer. But thats all. I ride it all, and this is a real "all mountain" board, that will give you plaesure for sure. But I don't know if its the right pick for any beginner.. I havent tried it properly in the powder snow just yet, but I'm sure it behaves good there too.
Weapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons View Post
I have the new Custom with Cartel est bindings. It's a nice board who allows you to ride aggressively if you want to. For me it was the perfect board right now, but I wish it was just a bit softer. But thats all. I ride it all, and this is a real "all mountain" board, that will give you plaesure for sure. But I don't know if its the right pick for any beginner.. I havent tried it properly in the powder snow just yet, but I'm sure it behaves good there too.
Is it a custom X or a custom?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardr77 View Post
Is it a custom X or a custom?
I don't know. It's this one: Custom Snowboard | Burton Snowboards

As I said, it's a little stiff, but you cant have it all. 8/10 With the Ruler boot and Cartel est binding

http://www.burton.com/mens-boots-rul...gid=mens-boots
http://www.burton.com/mens-bindings-...=mens-bindings

Last edited by Weapons; 03-07-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Weapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons View Post
I don't know. It's this one: Custom Snowboard | Burton Snowboards

As I said, it's a little stiff, but you cant have it all. 8/10 With the Ruler boot and Cartel est binding

Ruler Boot | Burton Snowboards
Cartel EST Binding | Burton Snowboards
Can you tell the difference in the est binding? I am wondering because when I get one of these boards I can get some c60's for cheaper then the c60 est's. Now they make a conversion disc so you can use any bindings on the channel boards.