Rocker vs Camber/rocker/camber? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rocker vs Camber/rocker/camber?

I love my 156w skate banana but recently bought a 155w Dark C2BTX.
Was hoping to get more pop while still enjoying the benefits of
rocker.
Rode it for a day and pretty much hated it, found it too stiff and
catchy. I know I should break it in properly, but it didn't
feel anywhere near as good as the first day on the skate banana.

155/156 is definitely my length, but are the C2BTXs meant to be
ridden longer?

Should I just detune the whole board?

Is camber/rocker/camber more suited to park or freeriding?

As I said, love the skate banana, but I feel like I'm cheating
and don't want to miss out on advancing my riding.

Anyone?
Kose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the dark series is designed for big jumps in the park or backcountry, meaning it is a more aggressive board then the banana. Being stiffer it will perform better at high speeds, and the c2btx will give you more snap from the ollie. I find that my Skate banana will wash/flex out when pushing it to the limit in choppy snow or high speed carves. With that said the dark will not be as quick and easy to turn or pop as the skate banana. I find that aggressive boards perform a lot better when you ride them aggressively, meaning high speeds and hard carves. Sounds like the S.B. and the dark require different riding styles. Give the dark another try, ride hard and put the board in its place.

as far as detuning i don't touch a thing, that is more of a preference thing though, once you take a little of the edge off it is a lot harder to get it back.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If I remember correctly, the SB and the Dark Series are two totally different boards. I don't think the C2 is the problem, its the fact that the Dark is a way stiffer board and will require you to use much better technique when carving.

With that said, the two boards probably complement eachother and it will just take a little time for you to adjust to the stiffness. But if you were just looking for a newer, higher end park board, you probably just bought the wrong board.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

You are doing it wrong.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by walove View Post
the dark series is designed for big jumps in the park or backcountry, meaning it is a more aggressive board then the banana. Being stiffer it will perform better at high speeds, and the c2btx will give you more snap from the ollie. I find that my Skate banana will wash/flex out when pushing it to the limit in choppy snow or high speed carves. With that said the dark will not be as quick and easy to turn or pop as the skate banana. I find that aggressive boards perform a lot better when you ride them aggressively, meaning high speeds and hard carves. Sounds like the S.B. and the dark require different riding styles. Give the dark another try, ride hard and put the board in its place.

as far as detuning i don't touch a thing, that is more of a preference thing though, once you take a little of the edge off it is a lot harder to get it back.
Thanks a lot, it sounds like the dark series is exactly what I was looking for.
I am an aggressive rider (broke my last 4 boards b4 the sb), but must have grown lazy riding with no edges in consistent Japanese pow.
I freeride a lot more than park but it still sucks it's directional.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
If I remember correctly, the SB and the Dark Series are two totally different boards. I don't think the C2 is the problem, its the fact that the Dark is a way stiffer board and will require you to use much better technique when carving.

With that said, the two boards probably complement eachother and it will just take a little time for you to adjust to the stiffness. But if you were just looking for a newer, higher end park board, you probably just bought the wrong board.
Thanks for the advice, will definitely be taking both to NZ.