GNU Carbon Credit - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default GNU Carbon Credit

Hey all.

First off this site is a wealth of info and I'm learning lots from it. I just started snowboarding this year and want to get set up for next year. After lots of reading/research I've decided that is probably gonna be the GNU Carbon Credit. Right now I am just an all mountain rider but as I get better I wanna work my way into the park. At this point I don't want a park based board because I won't be spending much time there and also I like bombing down the hill so I want something that won't chatter and can hold an edge. I wanted a board that will be easy to learn on but last me for a couple years as I progress. I am 5'8" and weigh 145. Would the best size for me be a 153? Most of my riding will be done at a local hill so mainly groomers but sometimes icey or pow. I have heard lots of good things about magnetraction. Is this a good first pick? Also looking at putting Union Force bindings on it. Any tips/advice/suggestions as to binding/boot set ups or even other boards would be appreciated.

If anyone has an actual picture of a 153 so I could see what the color looks like would be sweet. Can't seem to find anything but whats on their website.

Thanks!
pmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've been using a 150 as a starting out board for the last couple of years. It is definitely soft enough to use in the park but you may find in a season or two, as i have, that you'll want something a bit stiffer and more stable at speed. Having said that i'm progressing towards freeride more so than park.
If you're improving relatively quickly then a skate banana which is a little bit stiffer otherwise a very similar board may serve you for longer as you get more confidence at speed.
Any banana will be pretty catch free and easy to learn on, the softer flex of the carbon credit will be a little more forgiving for you as you're learning.
I was very happy to have been talked into the carbon credit and in a couple of years time you may want a new deck anyway because you will really start to know what you like and the CC is the cheaper option.
I think a 153 would be about right for you.

Tim.
boarder boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Bumpity Bump Bump
pmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

I had one. Wish i didn't sell it cause it was great on jibs.
LibTech4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Please post up your foot size as well. Rider height is not a factor in board sizing.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

which bindings did you settle on?
I picked up a CC BTX 153.
Im looking at 2011 Contact Pro or Force.
Just not sure which is best for my style.
Park rider with need for speed
ianim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianim8 View Post
which bindings did you settle on?
I picked up a CC BTX 153.
Im looking at 2011 Contact Pro or Force.
Just not sure which is best for my style.
Park rider with need for speed
I be loving my ride deltas. I'm posting this from the bar at mountain creek nj haha
LibTech4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Just picked up a 2011 Carbon Credit 156 myself with Union Force. Really looking forward to next season.
BeezNeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Me, too. Me, too! I'm an end-of-season shopper and don't need to have the latest n greatest top sheet for next season. Just picked up a '10/'11 Carbon Credit 159W for next season to go with the '10/'11 Missions.
HuskyFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyFlip View Post
Me, too. Me, too! I'm an end-of-season shopper and don't need to have the latest n greatest top sheet for next season. Just picked up a '10/'11 Carbon Credit 159W for next season to go with the '10/'11 Missions.
Cool. I just got my board a couple weeks ago and it's sitting in the shop right now getting beveled (1 base and 1 side) since the GNU CC comes with 0 base and 90 edge. I wish I had this done right when I got my board since I was in Philly last week and would have loved to be able to go to Bear Creek and use the CC.
BeezNeez is offline   Reply With Quote