Salomon boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Salomon boards?

Can you guys give me some feedback on Salomon boards? Aside from how the board rides, I really enjoy the graphics they have, but i'd like to know more about the boards. From my point of view, salomon is the lower end in snowboard brands? They cater to the average consumer looking for just any board. They seem to be cheaper than most of the more higher-end boards.

Should i consider them? I'm mainly focusing/looking for a freestying,buttering, park all that stuff kinda board. I want to start working my way to the park and rails.
hellonasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellonasty View Post
Can you guys give me some feedback on Salomon boards? Aside from how the board rides, I really enjoy the graphics they have, but i'd like to know more about the boards. From my point of view, salomon is the lower end in snowboard brands? They cater to the average consumer looking for just any board. They seem to be cheaper than most of the more higher-end boards.

Should i consider them? I'm mainly focusing/looking for a freestying,buttering, park all that stuff kinda board. I want to start working my way to the park and rails.
I think you have them confused with Burton by your description... just playin...
Salomon has some pretty great boards out there...I don't spend much time in the park, but if you go to their web site, you can look at what they have available for park. Their high end boards are not cheap at all. I ride a strobe...but if you want to spend over 500...they have plenty of options for you

Last edited by BRsnow; 02-12-2008 at 10:16 PM.
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

but Burton is more on the pricey side of things

like are salomon boards compareable to like Rome, never summer, k2, Burton... etc.
and they seem cheaper in price... i think?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Check out the loft...I think it retails for around 750-800 and is cutting edge technology...most of their boards are around 500...same as NS, Rome and the others...what salomon has is lots of money to spend on R&D...so boards like the loft and burner come out and Relay binding technology and F series boots...Super high quality and cutting edge technology...You will have a hard time finding a thread on how their salomon equipment broke...Just a solid progressive company....
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRsnow View Post
Check out the loft...I think it retails for around 750-800 and is cutting edge technology...most of their boards are around 500...same as NS, Rome and the others...what salomon has is lots of money to spend on R&D...so boards like the loft and burner come out and Relay binding technology and F series boots...Super high quality and cutting edge technology...You will have a hard time finding a thread on how their salomon equipment broke...Just a solid progressive company....
But i don't really hear much about their boards
mainly i hear about Rome or NS and stuff

Cause i'm looking for a freestyle board right now and i'm like crying cause there are just too many choices lol
i'd like to keep it under 400
Old 02-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
But i don't really hear much about their boards
mainly i hear about Rome or NS and stuff

Cause i'm looking for a freestyle board right now and i'm like crying cause there are just too many choices lol
i'd like to keep it under 400
Well the benedek and the arnie are nice...most are on sale for around 350 now that the 09's are coming out...the sanchez is an option as well and I think you could find it cheaper...check out their site as it can give you the info on the different boards. They are all solid boards...but you can also buy whatever is popular as well...The romes and such are pretty cheap right now as well...
Old 02-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

I don't really want to turn this into a "what board i should get" thread but as of right now i'm looking at a few boards from different companies

Darkstar by K2
Uninc or Custom by Burton
SL by Never Summer
Prospect or Sanchez by Salomon
Machine by Rome

and list goes on ;_;

Last edited by hellonasty; 02-12-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

mmm...
bump?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
mmm...
bump?
Which ones do you want to know about?

Last edited by BRsnow; 02-13-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Just a heads up - my little brother has a Salomon Prospect LTD, and apparently its somewhat prone to chipping in the topsheet. I mean, last week we were taking relatively easy runs, and he didn't fall much...once or twice when trying to do a 180 on flat snow, not much else, and it just seems to chip a lot (seeing as how its been 3 days of boarding on it, and its taken more damage than my board...and my boards been abused because I fall a lot)

Other than that, he liked the board...says its kind of flexible, but he got used to that.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote