Initial thoughts on the SkateBanana - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Initial thoughts on the SkateBanana

I know just riding it once isn't enough for a real good review but want to give some initial thoughts.
I recently decided to upgrade my 5-6 year old set up and wanted something a bit more softer flex than my old Burton Blunt (2006). Don't get me wrong the blunt was a great board but i also purchased it a bigger size (155) than my (151-152)optimal size. I've been reading up on the SB before i bought it, seems that it got rave reviews w/ a few people complaining about it.
Being my first rocker board, it felt a bit weird at first. Even peddling over to lifts felt different than my old camber board. I was planning on taking a couple easy runs to get used to it, but of course the kid inside wasn't gonna let that happen.
First this i noticed was how smooth the ride felt and then i noticed how similar it was to a skateboard. It took me about 2 runs to really get a feel for the board. The pop, which some people said it lacked, was still amazing and the flex made holding down presses (butter) so effortless. I didn't noticed anything too bad when i was bombing a hill, unlike what i've read in reviews. The MTX was amazing when i was cutting through the trees some nasty ice trying to find a nice 420 spot . I didn't get a chance to hit the park (which for some reason was packed w/ good riders but also the ones who have no business in the park, sitting on jumps,landing zones,end of rails in middle of the run). I can honestly say the SB was a great investment. Bad part of the day was when my old Drake F60 (2005) toe clicker disappeared. I recently picked up a pair of Union Forces and will be heading up to Mammoth this weekend. I'll revise this after the trip for a better review.

Noticed they just dropped the price at a lot of different websites from the retail to roughly $340/shipped. I got mine for $342/shipped. it was a deal i couldn't pass on.

I would recommend this to a friend but i would also recommend if they could demo it to see if its what they are looking for.

sorry if this post seems so disorganized... hope this will help at least 1 person.
itzzzberny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Cool review, wrong section.

I loved the Skate Banana until I demoed several different boards in the same category.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Cool review, wrong section.

I loved the Skate Banana until I demoed several different boards in the same category.
=P yea sorry for the misplaced thread.
i actually was gonna more emphasize that the skate banana was going on sale on a bunch of places.
But thanks for not flaming on me for the misplaced thread.
It's great that this forum is filled w/ older, mature members.
itzzzberny is offline   Reply With Quote