boards sililar to the forum youngblood - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default boards sililar to the forum youngblood

I am looking for a new board. And I love my camber youngblood but the base sucks. Are they any boards that ar similar to my current board. I don't want a rocker board
Rpcuster154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ride DH, Arbor Nightrain, Nitro Eero, Nitro Team, or a Flow Quantum.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Pardon me. Nivek, what do you think of a Youngblood Chilidog with Shaka's as a parkstick? And one other question, is v-rocker the same thing as continous rocker?

Last edited by outlyr; 03-10-2011 at 06:45 PM.
outlyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Has anyone heard about the flow quantum?
Rpcuster154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlyr View Post
Pardon me. Nivek, what do you think of a Youngblood Chilidog with Shaka's as a parkstick? And one other question, is v-rocker the same thing as continous rocker?
I didn't ride the Chili, I only rode the Doubledog. But I have ridden Chili in other stuff and have a good idea of how it would ride. It would make a decent park stick, but if you're looking for jumps you're better off with the Doubldeog, and if you wanted something fun on jibs and jumps the Destroyer would be better suited, in either Double or Chili. The Youngblood Double is poppier and much more stable with the camber in the tips than the Chili. V-Rock is rocker-flat-rocker. It feels more dished under your feet than continuous. Chili is Arbors system without Griptech, which is why Doubledog is much better for jumping than Chili. More grip. I like Shaka's, they were comfy and gave me all the response I needed on the Youngblood Double, only downside is they're a little on the heavier side. Not T9, but above average weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpcuster154 View Post
Has anyone heard about the flow quantum?
Great jump board. All the guys I know that ride on Flow are jumping Quantums. Super poppy and great off edge.

Also, buy my things?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Chili is Arbors system without Griptech, which is why Doubledog is much better for jumping than Chili. More grip. I like Shaka's, they were comfy and gave me all the response I needed on the Youngblood Double, only downside is they're a little on the heavier side. Not T9, but above average weight.
Do you think the hinged baseplates on the Shaka's are wasted if not mounted on a continous rocker? On impulse I picked up a pair of Shaka's at a good price and am looking to mount them on either a continous rocker or some sort of hybrid. After doing my first board slides earlier in the week I'm thinking this offseason might be a good time to pick up a leftover parkstick with some all mountain characteristics. I've been 50/50ing boxes for most of the season, straight methoding off good size eastcoast park jumps and 180ing off small hits, so I figure I'm looking for a good intermediate board with more stability than my v-rocker, for the steeps and larger park jumps, but without the catch of my full camber DH. What do you suggest Nivek?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't think Good Vibes does anything on reverse or camber. But I may not weigh enough to really get the shit to flex under my feet.

Destoyer Doubledog if you want to wait till 2012, if not

Signal Omni, Arbor Westmark, Nitro Rook, Flow Era, or a CAPiTA Green Machine FK.

Also, buy my things?
Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

I think the Arbor Westmark is just what I'm looking for. The griptech sounds like a good fit for the ice coast. What size do you recommend, I'm 6-1 185? I want to be able to throw it around, but don't want it to feel too small for jumping, with the parabolic rocker and all. I'm leaning toward the 156, but at 185 the chart would probably say I should go 159, that is if I could find the Arbor sizing chart. One other thing, tell me Shaka's will make for a perfect match.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlyr View Post
I think the Arbor Westmark is just what I'm looking for. The griptech sounds like a good fit for the ice coast. What size do you recommend, I'm 6-1 185? I want to be able to throw it around, but don't want it to feel too small for jumping, with the parabolic rocker and all. I'm leaning toward the 156, but at 185 the chart would probably say I should go 159, that is if I could find the Arbor sizing chart. One other thing, tell me Shaka's will make for a perfect match.
Perfect? Meh. But I think you'll like them. I liked them on the Youngblood Double, Destroyer Double, and Scallywag.

156 will be good. I ride stiffer 150's all around the park and I weigh 145.

Also, buy my things?