pop-cam? flow snowboards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,062
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
pop-cam? flow snowboards

can someone tell me what flows pop-cam is shaped like? i am getting conflicting info. seems like the infinte is a good board for a great price but i am wanting to try something other than traditional camber. some things i have read make it seem like its similar to rides rocker and some seem to say it the same as the rossi angus. thx in advance
Justin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pop cam is Flow's traditional camber shape. They do have a reverse camber version of the Infinite. It's called... wait for it... wait for it... INFINITE REVERSE CAMBER with I-Rock

Flow Infinite Reverse Camber Snowboard 2011

www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 10:44 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
can someone tell me what flows pop-cam is shaped like? i am getting conflicting info. seems like the infinte is a good board for a great price but i am wanting to try something other than traditional camber. some things i have read make it seem like its similar to rides rocker and some seem to say it the same as the rossi angus. thx in advance
Hi Justin,

Pop-Cam is a very subtle version of Rocker-Camber-Rocker and might also accurately be called Camber with slightly lifted contact points. Please have a look at this thread for a detailed description and some actual board photos: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...g-between.html

There is also a full rocker version available. We have the rocker version at $239 and the Pop Cam at $299 with free shipping on either in the USA. As always, we guarantee the lowest price.

Happy riding!
Wiredsport is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Justin,

Pop-Cam is a very subtle version of Rocker-Camber-Rocker and might also accurately be called Camber with slightly lifted contact points. Please have a look at this thread for a detailed description and some actual board photos: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...g-between.html

There is also a full rocker version available. We have the rocker version at $239 and the Pop Cam at $299 with free shipping on either in the USA. As always, we guarantee the lowest price.

Happy riding!
That was dirty!

I counter that by saying we guarantee lowest price as well. $239 it is!

Plus free shipping (USA) and free Skullcandy Riot Earbuds!

Friendly competition Wired?

But if you want pop-cam, Wired is your guy

www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 11:01 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
That was dirty!

I counter that by saying we guarantee lowest price as well. $239 it is!

Plus free shipping (USA) and free Skullcandy Riot Earbuds!

Friendly competition Wired?

But if you want pop-cam, Wired is your guy
Filthy. I'll see Leo's ear buds and make you waffles
Wiredsport is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Filthy. I'll see Leo's ear buds and make you waffles
LoL! You win sir.

www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,062
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
thx for the info, i currently ride a 158 nito t1, i am looking to add a board for powder and maybe start getting into more jumps. will the cam-rock be any better in powder than traditional camber? i would get the rockered version but i think its just a bit to small. i have size 14 feet 195lbs.
Justin is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,062
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
lol ill take it due to the waffles!!!! leo i can't buy from ur site cause i get hammered on the shipping to canada, if i still lived in ontario i would just pop over the boarder to see ur store.
Justin is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
thx for the info, i currently ride a 158 nito t1, i am looking to add a board for powder and maybe start getting into more jumps. will the cam-rock be any better in powder than traditional camber? i would get the rockered version but i think its just a bit to small. i have size 14 feet 195lbs.
Rocker-Camber-Rocker has a few great upsides. The first is that the contact points are lifted to reduce catchyness. Beginning the upcurve before the contact point has the additional benefit of a longer (and in this case smoother) tip and tail transition. That results in enhanced powder performance. The downside is that there is still a bit of lost contact area, although not to the same degree as with pure rocker. You can counter this by going longer. What size were you considering 159 Wide or 163 Wide?
Wiredsport is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,062
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
well i was thinking 163 since i have a 158.
Justin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome