What sort of rider is the T-Rice signature good for? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
F.T

Default What sort of rider is the T-Rice signature good for?

Hey guys, fairly new poster here. I have been snowboarding for 4 weeks solid now (doing a full season in Andorra) and I've gotten to a level where for next year I'll be getting my own board. I love the look of the Trice signature board, but is it only good for off piste powder? I'm in Andorra which is a fairly low altitude country and although the snow can be great, it can also get very warm and icy/slushy. I'm looking for a board that can rip it on piste, do some park and also be taken off piste. Am I totally wrong in looking in to the Trice Lib tech? I think the Bataleon Evil Twin looks like a decent board too.

Thanks for any potential help. Loving the site and snowboarding! I've been skiing for 12 years and only just converted. I can't see myself ever going back now!
F.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

For sure the T.Rice is not just an off piste board. I rode one for about a year and I found it to be great on ice and pretty stable (given mine was too short). If you get the right length for you it will be very stable at high speed, I got a new board because I had gotten a T.Rice that was too short and like going balls out fast...the one I had wasn't stable enough for me. Just to be clear I was on a 157 and should have been on the 161.5 or even the 164.5 as I am ~220 lbs. I am seriously thinking of picking up a new T.Rice for 2012, the new graphics are even better than this year...and I liked this year's.

Oh one other comment...the board I got to replace the T.Rice is a Never Summer Heritage in 162. I find the Heritage to be MUCH quicker edge to edge than the T.Rice and it seems to have a greater amount of rocker in its rocker section (between the feet on both boards), making it feel more playful.

Last edited by Grasschopper; 03-12-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
F.T

Thanks for your reply. I know it seems dumb, but I saw the new graphics for the 2012 Trice board and instantly loved it. Looking forward to November when I can get out and buy myself a full set!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's for Travis Rice duh!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For snow, that white stuff from the sky.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
F.T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
For snow, that white stuff from the sky.
That's just terrible...
Old 03-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Travis Rice's are PRETTY STIFF......imo not for a beginner. The faster you go, the deeper it is the better they respond.
rambob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
For sure the T.Rice is not just an off piste board. I rode one for about a year and I found it to be great on ice and pretty stable (given mine was too short). If you get the right length for you it will be very stable at high speed, I got a new board because I had gotten a T.Rice that was too short and like going balls out fast...the one I had wasn't stable enough for me. Just to be clear I was on a 157 and should have been on the 161.5 or even the 164.5 as I am ~220 lbs. I am seriously thinking of picking up a new T.Rice for 2012, the new graphics are even better than this year...and I liked this year's.

Oh one other comment...the board I got to replace the T.Rice is a Never Summer Heritage in 162. I find the Heritage to be MUCH quicker edge to edge than the T.Rice and it seems to have a greater amount of rocker in its rocker section (between the feet on both boards), making it feel more playful.
I have a 2011 T.Rice and LOVED it so much I got a 2012 in same length but with the horsepower construction. My two favorite boarding days last year were on the T.Rice and I would recommend the board to anyone on a real mountain (not hills) and likes to freeride or all mountain freestyle. The price is not cheap but it is an all round goody board that requires some skills because it is stiff.
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote