Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Forum Youngblood Chillydog vs. Flow Quantum + sizing (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/38627-forum-youngblood-chillydog-vs-flow-quantum.html)

Kylo 03-13-2011 08:36 PM

Forum Youngblood Chillydog vs. Flow Quantum + sizing

Alright, so I'm 5'6" and 120 lbs but still growing. While the prices are cheap, I was thinking of getting a new board for the next season. Since I'm still growing, and the next season is about 8-9 months away, what would be a good size for me? Alright, next, I was looking at 2 boards, the forum Youngblood chillydog, and the flow quantum. I'm a beginner and wanna start park. I'm more interested in jumps than jibs but I'm sure I'll end up doing both. Which board would be better for me, the Youngblood in 148 or 152 or the quantum in a 150?

Nivek 03-13-2011 09:46 PM

I would go for the Quantum of those. But you may even look elsewhere. Those are both pretty stiff and poppy jump boards made for bigger jumps. You probably wont use all of the board for another 2-3 years if you're just starting park.

Better places to look would be a 152 Ride Kink, 152 K2 Weapon, 152 Nitro Swindle, 150 Signal Omni, or a 152 Flow Verve. All are fairly inexpensive but well liked park boards. They are all softer meaning it will be easier to pop them and will be just fine on jumps under 30 feet. They are going to be far more forgiving than a Quantum or YB and will make learning park easier and more fun.

twin89 03-13-2011 10:08 PM

@ 120 lbs i would look at some softer boards, those are both pretty stiff boards around 150 should be a good length

tj_ras 03-13-2011 10:10 PM

i have no incite on either board you posted so ill let the more knowlegdable people tell you about those.

however i have the 2011 flow era 152. im 5'10" 125lbs. i ride it only in parks, and the occasional east coast groomer. its a very very nice board. great flex for doing butters, takes little effort to do presses on boxes, has a nice pop for jumps. the tech construction of the board realy helps edge hold when you need it, and doesnt grab when u dont want it to. i would recomend geting a equally flexy binding setup with this board becuase otherwise it feels a little sloppy. but overall hands down a great board to start out on in parks, and youll be able to use it as you progress in skill. ill be glad to answer any questions you have about this board.:thumbsup:

this is just my review of this board, and im not saying buy this board. just giving you insight on what i have riden.

Kylo 03-13-2011 10:18 PM

I was lookin at some other boards, and I found the forum manual 150. Would this be a good choice aswell?