K2 WWW rocker 152 or Capita Horrorscope FK 153??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default K2 WWW rocker 152 or Capita Horrorscope FK 153???

Hey guys whats up? As the title says, I'm looking for a new board next season and I'm thinking about either a K2 WWW rocker size 152 or a Capita Horrorscope size 153. I'm 5'7" and weight 130 pounds. I wear a size 10. What size would be better for me? I pretty much just hit jibs and rails. I heard that the Capita board isn't as playful because it's flat, and you can catch edges easier, but it also has way more pop. I also heard though the WWW is sketchy going fast and is like a noodle, but amazing for rails and butters. What do you guys think I should get? thanks.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

i'm rocking the horrorscope 149 and 155, love the graphics, love the colors, love the board. LOTS of pop, just like you've heard. It is pretty much no camber when you lay it flat, but i've never really caught any edges on it yet either jibbing or at the park...but I also do very beginner level stuff as I just started to learn ground tricks and how to hit up the park.

I've never ridden the K2 board before..but my buddy that has a Burton Custom V-Rocker and I swapped boards this weekend for a couple of runs. Feels like his board is more stiff in the center, and more flexible in the nose and tail, where as the horrorscope is super flexible in the middle, and a bit stiffer in comparison at the nose and tail.

hope that helps. CAPITAHHHHH!!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

get the horrorscope in 151 if not smaller, i'm pretty much the same weight and height and i own the 151 and it is a good all around park board if you like your board more on the flexy side. i kind of wish i had gotten it smaller, now that i have 2 boards. definitely a playful board, great for ground tricks and stuff. the catching an edge thing isn't true. if you are good enough to be hitting boxes and rails you should be able to ride without catching an edge especially with a reverse camber board.
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

^ agreed, go with the 149 or even the 147.
I'm 5'6" 150lb and I'm using the 149 without any problems, you should be able to go with at least the 149
Old 03-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If its the 2011 options, not the Horror. Its rocker starts just between the inserts. So it's basically a center rocker now. WWW is way more stable and still plenty jibbable.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Is the Horrorscope still really playful like a board with rocker would be?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

My favorite reviewer (all black shredder) recently did a video for the k2 www. Hope this helps somewhat.... also take into account he's on the wide version when he comments on edge to edge lag

YouTube - 2011 K2 WWW Wide Snowboard Review
alex12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

the horrorscope has rocker, but nivek brings up a good point, i have not ridden the most recent horrorscope and there have been alterations on the camber profile so my comments might not be accurate on the newer models.
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

the rocker is right in between the bindings now yes, flat kick helps with ollies for sure. i owned a park pickle before the horrorscope, and have tried skate bananas, burton custom v-rocker..i find the horrorscope as playful as the banana and pickle, the custo, was a bit more flex at the tip and tail, stiffer in the middle.

i personally love the placement of the rocker..only thing that i find has been a bit more difficult to land bigger jumps. hope that helps