Help Please - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help Please

6 foot. 185 pounds. Size 11 shoe. Been boarding a few times and want to buy my own board. Link turns good and looking for a good carver for groomers and am ready to hit some small jumps. Not much park and no rails. I was thinking of the Never Summer Legacy 161 unless you guys suggest or recommend different. I will prob buy online and cannot demo any Thanks in advance.
ERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERDOC View Post
6 foot. 185 pounds. Size 11 shoe. Been boarding a few times and want to buy my own board. Link turns good and looking for a good carver for groomers and am ready to hit some small jumps. Not much park and no rails. I was thinking of the Never Summer Legacy 161 unless you guys suggest or recommend different. I will prob buy online and cannot demo any Thanks in advance.
I almost wish I could sticky this. This is how a board suggestion question should be done. Concise and all the info we need is there.

First off, if you can, buy local. Even if they don't have it, ask if they can order. Pay more if you have to, local shops are the backbone of the industry. Legacy is good, pricey though and you may have a hard time finding one. Another, not so cheap but maybe easier to find, is the Arbor Coda. Super awesome, stable, fun, poppy, grippy. Less expensive you may like is the Flow Infinite Popcam or I-rock, K2 TurboDream, YES Optimistic, or a Nitro Team Gullwing. All around a 158-161

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

I second Nivek's recommendation on the Coda. I was able to snag one on sale and I'm glad I did. Nivek's description of it is totally spot on. I took it out yesterday for the first time and felt comfortable on it right away. It's quick edge to edge, grips like a mofo, and really forgiving on landing jumps. I also have an NS Heritage, which I love, but I think the Coda is the funnest board I've ridden.
L3mnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

I was also thinking Burton Custom or custom X. What's the main difference in custom, NS Legacy and the Rbir board? I have only risen rental boards. These won't be to advanced for me will they.
ERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

When you say Custom, are you referring to the Custom Flying V or a regular cambered Custom? The Custom X differs the most from all the boards you mentioned. I've never ridden it, but it's supposed to be a great board for bombing. It's on the stiffer end in terms of flex, so it won't be as playful and can be very unforgiving if you're not on top of your riding. The difference between the NS Legacy and the Arbor is the rocker profile. NS has their Rocker Camber shape, which is rocker between the bindings, then camber just past the binding inserts and Vario sidecut. The Arbor has a parabolic rocker with Grip Tech. The NS will be a bit stiffer and more damp than the Arbor. The Arbor will be more playful and more lively with the bamboo core.
L3mnhead is offline   Reply With Quote