Never Summer RC Tech vs. Lib-tech C2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Never Summer RC Tech vs. Lib-tech C2

So I've never ridden a lib-tech board before, and I know that R.C. tech and c2 banana tech are compared. I noticed that RC tech starts after the inserts, while c2 banana tech starts from the inserts outward. I'm really curious as to how similarly stiff boards directly compare (such as Heritage vs. T.Rice for example). Obviously the NS boards have more rocker as a result of their design.

I'm hoping I can demo one next season just out of curiosity, but has anyone compared RC tech vs c2 tech directly?
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have. If you have read either of my Never Summer reviews, I compare the two camber profiles to each other.

Basically put, you can feel the rocker more on the Never Summer. However, because of their camber zone, when you initiate your turns, they really engage. The result is a better carving board to a directly comparable Lib Tech. Never Summer boards also have more pop and I believe the placement of the posi camber helps with it.

So basically, NS boards are super playful when you are buttering and pressing, yet they bite when you lay down fatty carves.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

I pretty much agree with Leo on his observation...I rode last year's T.Rice 157 for a year and this season got a Heritage 162 because I felt the 157 was too short and wanted to try a NS. For sure the comment about the rocker being more noticeable is spot on, I find the Heritage to be more playful and at much faster edge to edge than the T.Rice. I also find it to feel softer and more playful than the T.Rice. The one thing I might contradict Leo on is the carving comment...now I don't have experience past these two models but I feel the T.Rice even given the 5cm shorter length held a great edge in a high speed carve. I'm not saying the Heritage doesn't but I think the T.Rice is right there with it and if it was the same length I can't imagine it would get worse.

Personally both boards are great but they ride differently.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've own a 2010 SL from NS and a 2011 T.Rice and 2011 Jamie Lynn. The T.Rice and SL are very different beasts so I won't go into that. The SL(161) and Jamie(160) are somewhat comparable, with the Jamie being a bit stiffer. The rocker is definitely more pronounced on NS boards. I found the SL to be playful to the point where it was too squirly for me and now sits on the *shelf. I mounted up the SL last weekend to ride for the first time since purchasing my Libs to give it another shot, but I still prefer the Libs. I don't know if is the design of the RC Tech vs C2 or the other differences in the boards, but I just felt much more confident on C2. I'm of the different opinion than Leo, I found the Libs to be better carving boards. But I haven't been on a NS board designed for carving like the Haritage, Premier, etc.

*DISCLAIMER: I bought the wrong board. For how I like to ride I should have gone with the Heritage or the Premier. The SL is a great board, just doesn't suit me.
kingkoajmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Stiffness wise, I'd actually compare the T.Rice to a Raptor. The T.Rice is a stiff board.

I like carving more on a NS. When I go into carving tangents, I get pretty aggressive. I just feel that having the camber outside the bindings is better suited for carving purposes.

In terms of edge hold, the Lib's obviously hold better, but that's due to magnetraction, not C2. Without magnetraction, C2 wouldn't be nearly as good as RC in my opinion. Also, there's something I don't like about the serrated edges when you lay into deeper carves. You can feel the waviness of it.

With all of this said, C2 is by far my next favorite camber profile. It was my number 1 until I hopped on a NS RC.

The SL definitely isn't NS's best carving board so yea, can't compare that to the T.Rice.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hmmmm...I just rode the Dark Series on Sunday and loved how it carves and still felt floaty in the powder. I agree that the rocker isn't really noticable, but it still handled the powder well at 161 despite it's rather large rider...me at 6'4'' 200. It also had real nice pop and was very stable on landing.

I've been looking at NS too so hopefully I'll have a chance to demo one and compare. I assume the Dark Series is comparable to the Premier or Raptor since it's pretty stiff as well.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Which NS board compares to a TRS c2?
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
Which NS board compares to a TRS c2?
The closest comparison is probably the SL.
kingkoajmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

@Leo - For sure the T.Rice is stiffer than the Heritage...I love the T.Rice for the kind of riding I want to do...but in reality I do most of my riding at a hill that is 500' vertical and has 5 (if you include the bunny slope) and two more if we get a ton of snow (no snow making) which we didn't this year. The quicker more playful Heritage is a better choice for my day to day riding but I assume it will still hold up if I do get out west to a big mountain.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote