Help deciding on a board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post Help deciding on a board

Okay, so I need some help on picking the right board. This year I have started riding again, and i'm picking everything back up fast. After just a few times going I can ride down blacks & double black diamonds confidently. As of my last trip, I have also starting getting into park and doing terrain. I sort of consider myself an intermediate rider. The boards I been looking into are the Lib Tech Skate Banana and the Travis Rice c2 Power Banana. I like the fact that they have the magne-traction, as I will primarily ride in the east coast. The problem is..

1. I've heard the skate banana is more of park oriented and a sort of all mountain board is more of what I need.(I guess)

2. T-rice power banana only comes in a 153 and bigger. As of recently, I have ridden a 145 rental. I really want to ride somewhere between a 148-150.

So, I have no idea what to do, I don't want a flimsy park board that will screw me over if I am bombing a hill, but I also do not want a board that will over power me when in the park or when i'm just cruising with friends.

Also, I am at the moment, around 135 pounds and 5'10. I might end up gaining around 10 or 15 pounds as I am going to the gym and eating more in an attempt to beef up.

Sorry, long read but any help is appreciated
.oMg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by .oMg. View Post
Okay, so I need some help on picking the right board. This year I have started riding again, and i'm picking everything back up fast. After just a few times going I can ride down blacks & double black diamonds confidently. As of my last trip, I have also starting getting into park and doing terrain. I sort of consider myself an intermediate rider. The boards I been looking into are the Lib Tech Skate Banana and the Travis Rice c2 Power Banana. I like the fact that they have the magne-traction, as I will primarily ride in the east coast. The problem is..

1. I've heard the skate banana is more of park oriented and a sort of all mountain board is more of what I need.(I guess)

2. T-rice power banana only comes in a 153 and bigger. As of recently, I have ridden a 145 rental. I really want to ride somewhere between a 148-150.

So, I have no idea what to do, I don't want a flimsy park board that will screw me over if I am bombing a hill, but I also do not want a board that will over power me when in the park or when i'm just cruising with friends.

Also, I am at the moment, around 135 pounds and 5'10. I might end up gaining around 10 or 15 pounds as I am going to the gym and eating more in an attempt to beef up.

Sorry, long read but any help is appreciated
If you do plan on gaining weight, you will probably want something around a 151ish. The skate banana really is a great deck. It definitely can be ridden as an all-mountain board. Its what I use. Also, take a look at the Attack Banana if you are interested in a toned-down c2btx board. but for sure you can use a skate banana as an all mountain deck. it comes in a 49 and a 52, so demo it and see which one you like best.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
If you do plan on gaining weight, you will probably want something around a 151ish. The skate banana really is a great deck. It definitely can be ridden as an all-mountain board. Its what I use. Also, take a look at the Attack Banana if you are interested in a toned-down c2btx board. but for sure you can use a skate banana as an all mountain deck. it comes in a 49 and a 52, so demo it and see which one you like best.
Thanks for the help

I do plan on getting bigger because I am pretty skinny for my height. How does the banana hold up if you are bombing down a hill? Does it shake or catch edges at high speeds?
Old 03-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

how old are you?
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstarrasl View Post
how old are you?

^^This.

Though Flow Era >>>>>>>>>>>> Skate Banana. Surprising edge hold as well as $100 cheaper.

Flow Infinite I-Rock over an Era for all mtn performance. Arbor Coda over the Infinite.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstarrasl View Post
how old are you?

10char
Old 03-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by .oMg. View Post

10char
you probably will grown then, so look to get something toward the larger end for your weight.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If I was your age, I would want a skatebanana or a park pickle all day long out of the Mervin Line. They are fine all mountain and way playful. You don't need a T.Rice. You want something with a little more flex than the Rice.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote