question/problem with rome targa bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089

Default question/problem with rome targa bindings

Ok, if anybody here has the 08 rome targa bindings, i could really use your help!

You know that elastic piece that you set up to make your top/main strap on the binding flip out and stay pulled back so that when you get off the lift its not in the way of the boot? It is on the opposite side of the strap where you crank it down to tighten.

ok well if you don't know what I am talking about, I can put up some pics or maybe even a video, but anyway..

i understand how it works, you have to open the strap up all the way open and then open the clamp (this is all on he opposite side of the part where you normally crank) and stick that elastic piece under it then close the clamp, so it flies back into the open position when ever you release the strap. but here is the problem.

I have some dc jude size 11 boots and to get that strap centered on my boot when it is tightened down to a firm position, i have to move the clamp (the one on the opposite side of the strap in part, where the elastic is) all the way up to the top. now the elastic rubber thing doesn't even go up that high. with about a minute of work, I can slide it up there and get it to stay, but it is very tight, and the square cut out sections turn to rectangles when tigthned on my boot.

I was wondering if this was ok, because it looks like it is almost to tight and it might break.

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

YouTube - roma targa probelm part#1
YouTube - rome targa problem part#2
YouTube - rome targa problem part#3

Last edited by FrankDaTank089; 02-13-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

What size bindings do you have? My Romes are L/XL with Forum size 12 boots, and I don't need my strap up nearly that high on the clamp.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089

they are also the L/xl.

ill see if i can get a up a video
Old 02-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Erod

i just got my targas set up on my board and i have to set that elastic piece to the top just get my main strap to click in right. i only ride size ten boots and it seemed weird that the strap barely reached. i haven't gotten to ride it like this yet though, so...

see if you can take a video or something
Old 02-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089

just got finished making the video, now im trying to splice it together and upload it, give me 20.

i mean it will work, but it looks like its about to break.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089

edit: nvm, got them up on youtube.

YouTube - roma targa probelm part#1
YouTube - rome targa problem part#2
YouTube - rome targa problem part#3

i know its hard to see how the squares on the elastic piece are stretched into rectangles, but you get the general idea, the point is the thing is stretching pretty good, and was wondering if it would be ok to leave it like this all day during riding?

Last edited by FrankDaTank089; 02-13-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089

now that i have the videos up, any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hey Frank,
This is Ron from over at Rome. Your bindings look good to go on the video. When you're strap is extended all the way out it's going to put a lot of strain on your auto strap, but I would'nt worry too much about it snapping, so feel free to just leave it like that when you're not riding, just unbuckle your ankle strap, it's going to be a pain if you're undoing everytime you're done riding.

If you ever do have an issue and you prove me wrong and snap it just shoot me an email at ron@romesnowboards.com and I'll get you another one.
romesnowboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089

Quote:
Originally Posted by romesnowboards View Post
Hey Frank,
This is Ron from over at Rome. Your bindings look good to go on the video. When you're strap is extended all the way out it's going to put a lot of strain on your auto strap, but I would'nt worry too much about it snapping, so feel free to just leave it like that when you're not riding, just unbuckle your ankle strap, it's going to be a pain if you're undoing everytime you're done riding.

If you ever do have an issue and you prove me wrong and snap it just shoot me an email at ron@romesnowboards.com and I'll get you another one.
sweet. thanks man!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by romesnowboards View Post
Hey Frank,

Holy crap!

now THATS what I call customer service! *patiently awaits receiving Rome 390's*

Kris
Toronto Prelude Club
kri$han is offline   Reply With Quote