Lib Tech Skate Bananar? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib Tech Skate Bananar?

what up guys first post here, sooo ive done some board research lately and for the moment im settled on this lib tech. it seems like a great freestyle board that can do everything (which is what i seek) and has gotten great reviews. what would help me alot is if anyone has anything they didnt like about it that they could tell me and/or tell of better boards out there. btw im 5 10, 155 lbs, and size 11.5 shoe and not sure about what size im looking for. thanks!
pwilldabeast14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Arbor Westmark would beat the shit out of a Banana. Better pop, better stability, better press, better price, and better looking.

Try and find someone that didn't like it.

Here's a great review from someone who is hard to please

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Arbor Westmark Used and Reviewed

Ultimately, for park, I can almost always name 5 or more boards better than something Made by Mervin, usually for less $$

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwilldabeast14 View Post
what up guys first post here, sooo ive done some board research lately and for the moment im settled on this lib tech. it seems like a great freestyle board that can do everything (which is what i seek) and has gotten great reviews. what would help me alot is if anyone has anything they didnt like about it that they could tell me and/or tell of better boards out there. btw im 5 10, 155 lbs, and size 11.5 shoe and not sure about what size im looking for. thanks!
What is your ride style? Where do you ride? because small hills or big mountains matters. Icy or POW matters.

There's nothing wrong with a Skate Banana. Don't let them get you down. Are there better boards? Yes. Are there worse boards? Yes. Only thing that matters is what is right for you.
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends6spd View Post
What is your ride style? Where do you ride? because small hills or big mountains matters. Icy or POW matters.

There's nothing wrong with a Skate Banana. Don't let them get you down. Are there better boards? Yes. Are there worse boards? Yes. Only thing that matters is what is right for you.
Nivek in for the Mervin hate...

LStarrASL in for the Mervin love....

How old are you? how long have you been riding? Where do you ride? Park?
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

I personally tried out 4 or 5 different boards, one of them being the skate banana, and that board rode better than any of the others and i actually went out and bought a 152
not super noodly, but still soft enough to get into some presses and shred all mountain great, id recommend it.
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

welll i am 16, riding about 4 yrs but not often, usually go out to colorado(snowmass,breck,vail etc) and recently checked out northstar at tahoe, i would say im a freestyle kinda guy but i like goin fast and i need a board that will help me get better in the park but can and will do everything out there
Old 03-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwilldabeast14 View Post
welll i am 16, riding about 4 yrs but not often, usually go out to colorado(snowmass,breck,vail etc) and recently checked out northstar at tahoe, i would say im a freestyle kinda guy but i like goin fast and i need a board that will help me get better in the park but can and will do everything out there
152 Skate Banana would work just fine for you
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I love my SB. This is only my 2nd board, I thought it would have been a bit softer from all the noodly comments made by everyone. I find it somewhat stiff actually. I might look for something softer for park, since I'm trying to learn that.

I do love how it handles and I have tried lots of new stuff in the park and the board has been just fine for me. As I said I don't have much experience so take my input with a grain of salt, but I like it, just wish it was softer. Flex rating says 6 though.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Only got 4 days on my 2011 banana, but i'm very satisfied. It's got a medium flex i'd say, but i can still go all out nose down on a black run without unstability. I mostly do jumps and rails, but also pow when it's available. This board does it all for me
init is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Arbor Westmark would beat the shit out of a Banana. Better pop, better stability, better press, better price, and better looking.

Try and find someone that didn't like it.

Here's a great review from someone who is hard to please

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Arbor Westmark Used and Reviewed

Ultimately, for park, I can almost always name 5 or more boards better than something Made by Mervin, usually for less $$
thanks alot for this man, ive never heard of arbor but im actually really considering getting one now! what size would a person of my specs need?