Bindings Setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
WickedWheat

Default Bindings Setup

I'm 6'2" 210 lbs and I have a Custom 162. I know I should modify the degrees to see what I like best. I'm sure I will get the same answer with this. But should I as a bigger rider set it up to have a wide stance or a narrow stance? Should they be centered balanced?

I set them up wrong the first time and put the stomp pad on the nose so I think I'm riding the board to the tail(wrong direction). But it's the same either way so no big deal? Or should I take the stomp pad off and put it in the correct direction?

Thanks in advance for your help cause I can't find anything on the net about setting up the bindings for this board.

Last edited by WickedWheat; 02-13-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 01:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the custom is 1cm set back so make sure the nose is forward. and your binding width is all about comfort. though there are guidelines. don't go skinier than your shoulders. for park, i'm 5'8 and ride 23.5 inches wide. for big mountain i ride 22 inches wide. wider stances are good for park and narrower better for all mountain. centered stance is good if your riding switch at all and riding a little more back is better if your riding powder. if your riding mainly groomers and nothing deeper than 3 feet of powder, you should be fine centered.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

it is useful to ride your board in the right direction (*tremendous under statement!*) just make sure the writing is the right way up on your top sheet.

your binders should be centred, altho set rearward for riding soft snow and never ever forward set. forward setting is as bad as having your toes pointing inwards!

but yar, go with what gives you comfort and works best for you. always experiment, as you might not find your 'ideal' settings straight away.

same for stomp pads.... i always had mine set just on the inside of my rear binder. that is not to say that your's is in the wrong place; if it works then it works! however, i no longer use one at all!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
WickedWheat

Well, I have been riding it the wrong direction. Thanks for the info. I called the place that set it up and I told them it was facing the wrong direction. They're going to take the old stomp pad off and replace it for free.

I suspected it was wrong and got different opinions from other riders in my group and figured it wasn't that important. Now that I realize it is important, the board is getting set up the right direction.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

as the forum's collective pats themselves on the back, thanks to another job well done