Lobster snowboard with TBT - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lobster snowboard with TBT

Anyone heard of them. Apparently they are founded by the Helgason brothers and will be featuring TBT. Would love to know/r.ead more about the boards. I'm already digging their colorway, a little more than Bataleon's. Wonder how much they have to pay Bataloen for using their patented TBT
skunkworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

There's been a few different threads on lobster boards, just use the search function.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have 2 coming to me.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I have 2 coming to me.
Dude would you stop showing off. You have enough boards that the ones you sell are ones anyone on here would give up our left nutt to get our hands on..

All kidding aside, please let us know how they hold up. I'm most interested in how well they're made. With new snowboard companys I'm most concern with delam.

I picked up a brand new Bataleon Riot in the beginning of the season and I love it so much that I haven't even used it yet; on top of the fact we've been having crappy snow here in south cali.

And I've seen you sold over a hundred bataleon just on here so my advice to you get one of these for your boards

and you house better look like this because if I ever find out where all these treasures are I will risk jail time just to try out some of your boards...

Old 03-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enayes View Post
There's been a few different threads on lobster boards, just use the search function.
Thanks, I thought lobster is new, guess I'm just a little slow
Old 03-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

From the mouth of the marketing guy, " our boards are softer than our big brother (bataleons)" It's a snowboard they go down a hill, you run over obstacles and sometimes kids there is nothing special or treasure worthy about them. Also I'm positive I haven't sold hundreds of them maybe 3 no more than 3.5.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post
...I picked up a brand new Bataleon Riot in the beginning of the season and I love it so much that I haven't even used it yet...
Quote of the season...maybe the decade
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post
Thanks, I thought lobster is new, guess I'm just a little slow
They are new(ish). But the Helgasons dropped the word on their company at least 6 months ago. They were talked about a lot during the x games because Halldor was riding one of the prototypes then.

You don't have to worry about delam any more than you would with any Bataleon board. They're being made and pressed in the same facility I'd assume. No proof to back it up, but if they're using tbt I can't imagine they have their own production facility with Bataleon's press incorporated.

BA...I know you have a dump truck of reviews to do at any given time, but you have a clue when you'll get a chance to take those buttery biscuits out on the slopes?
Old 03-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I haven't even gotten them yet I"m still waiting on my 2012 Burton, Forum, Arbor, and some other shit to show up at this point I have a feeling I'm going to come home and there's just going to be a UPS truck parked in my lot with my name on it. Fuck me for wanting to do something this big. Growth is never easy.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I haven't even gotten them yet I"m still waiting on my 2012 Burton, Forum, Arbor, and some other shit to show up at this point I have a feeling I'm going to come home and there's just going to be a UPS truck parked in my lot with my name on it. Fuck me for wanting to do something this big. Growth is never easy.
haha yeah. I figured you'd be getting dutch oven'd with gear. Keep the hits coming. As overwhelming as it may feel, don't you still have a sliver of humanity left that gets excited to try out this stuff? I sure as shit hope so. You can come work my dead end job for a few days if you need some enlightening.