New Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Board

Hey Guys-

I am looking to get into the park more. Mostly, rails and boxes, but I am also looking for a board that can hold a landing off jumps as well as hold its own on the groomers and some pow. I am set on the following:

Capita Horrorscope
Lib Tech Skate Banana
NeverSummer Evo

I am 5'11", 186 lbs. size 10 boot. I know that the Capita is a little more of a soft flex so I am not sure how this would hold up for jumps. With the Skate Banana I haver read that it is more of an all-around board so I would be worried about not getting the softer flex for presses on rails, butters, and jibbing around. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

not that im the expert or anything but from what ive gathered the evo and banana do the jibby stuff very well, mayb the evo softer cause its mainly a freestyle board, but the banana does it all from what ive heard
pwilldabeast14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah that is kind of what I was gathering. I have read a million reviews from angrysnowboarder to board insiders. I really like the SB, but am cautious of it's jibability.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have a skate banana. It's sick for jibs, but not great for kickers. Once you start hitting anything over 30ish foot kickers, it gets really washy. Make sure you detune the edges too if you hit rails\boxes though. It's pretty bad at high speeds too, all RC boards are
Gruber1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber1922 View Post
I have a skate banana. It's sick for jibs, but not great for kickers. Once you start hitting anything over 30ish foot kickers, it gets really washy. Make sure you detune the edges too if you hit rails\boxes though. It's pretty bad at high speeds too, all RC boards are

Once, I detune, it is that way permanently? That's a shame about the high speed and kickers. I have heard such back and forth about that specific area. Why are Rome Artifacts great jib boards and yet have the ability to hit kickers well? That is just an assumption I am making from seeing videos.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yah thats the only problem, they pretty much stay detuned. I mean I'm sure you can get them back, but no where near what they were out of the factory. You can try just not detuning them, see how it is. It's a RC, so it probably won't catch on boxes really. I never detuned mine, and they worked fine. I've just heard alot of people have trouble with catching edges, but I never did. i bought the 08/09 last year off ebay, because the never models look terrible I think. Anyway, Sure, you can hit jumps with them, even bigger ones, but the landings will just be sketchy. It's fine for the smaller jumps, but you almost want a camber board for jumps 50+ in my opinion. If you want a good board that is soft and great for all around park, check out the Capita Stairmaster. It's a camber board, but it's amazing for park. All RC boards are unstable at higher speeds really. BTW, maybe look into the Capita line of the Flat Kick, such as the Capita Ultrafear FK. Overall, get what you want. The SB is an awesome board for pretty much anything. Unless you are going to be hitting bigger kickers alot, go with it; it's an amazing board for pretty much anything. Hope that helps.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Yah thats the only problem, they pretty much stay detuned. I mean I'm sure you can get them back, but no where near what they were out of the factory. You can try just not detuning them, see how it is. It's a RC, so it probably won't catch on boxes really. I never detuned mine, and they worked fine. I've just heard alot of people have trouble with catching edges, but I never did. i bought the 08/09 last year off ebay, because the never models look terrible I think. Anyway, Sure, you can hit jumps with them, even bigger ones, but the landings will just be sketchy. It's fine for the smaller jumps, but you almost want a camber board for jumps 50+ in my opinion. If you want a good board that is soft and great for all around park, check out the Capita Stairmaster. It's a camber board, but it's amazing for park. All RC boards are unstable at higher speeds really. BTW, maybe look into the Capita line of the Flat Kick, such as the Capita Ultrafear FK. Overall, get what you want. The SB is an awesome board for pretty much anything. Unless you are going to be hitting bigger kickers alot, go with it; it's an amazing board for pretty much anything. Hope that helps.

Yeah, my last board was camber and killed the kickers. I was looking into the Horrorscope and Never Summer Evo. I hear the flat kick tech is good stuff, but some recent post in the review section has me all about the Evo. I have heard that the Evo, even though RC, is pretty amazing at higher speeds and jibability. There are just too many great boards!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yah dude I know. Ive been doing hours and hours of research on getting a new board, but it's so hard to pick one! lol I've narrowed it down to Capita, but of course the board I want (stairmaster extreme), is sold out, so I have to wait till next year. My friend just got the ultrafear fk 2 days ago. It says that it has a stiffer flex (6 out of 10) but he also says he still almost slips on on tail presses. I would definitely look into Capita boards more, I'd say some of the best boards around. Good luck deciding haha
Old 03-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

I never really looked into the EVO much, but it looks like a sick board too. If your leaning more towards that, I'd definitely go with it
Old 03-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I never really looked into the EVO much, but it looks like a sick board too. If your leaning more towards that, I'd definitely go with it
Yeah, as much as I like Capita, I'm going with the NS Evo. Thanks for the imput.