Gnu 11-up vs Ride Decade wide vs Gnu CHB wide - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
paulgug

Default Gnu 11-up vs Ride Decade wide vs Gnu CHB wide

I am looking to buy a 2008 snowboard for a good price at the end of the season. I am 6'2 190lbs, with size 13 feet. I have been riding for 7 years. I ride in British Columbia and I spend most of my time in the trees and in powder. However, I don't want a board that is completly a freeride board. I do spend some time in the park but not much.
I have narrowed my choices to the Gnu 11-up, the Ride Decade wide, and the Gnu CHB wide. (no magnatraction)
Does anyone have any opinions that could help me out, I haven't purchased a board in a few years so I don't know much about the new technology. I am really looking between the decade and the 11up, but i wouldnt mind some input on the chb wide aswell.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 02:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

well, not sure why you say no magnetraction and i dont know why kind of deal you could can get, but for your description i'd say a 156 skate banana. because of the rocker it will feel like a 160 in powder but you could still take the board everywhere on the mountain. of the others, i'd say the chb

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
PapaWood

I would also say Gnu CHB wide but my reasoning for this IS magne traction. Magne-traction gets an A+ in my book.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just bought a 166 11up and it's working well for me. I've only had it on groomers so far because I haven't been lucky enough to get good powder yet. It handles high speeds well and I like the flex...not too much, not too little.

Both the 11up and CHB come with MTX or without so that shouldn't be the difference. For you, I'd take the 11up over the CHB. The CHB is more flexy and has an extruded base rather than the cintered base on the 11up.

I don't know much about the decade, so I can't help there.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
paulgug

thanks for the feedback. does anyone know if the chb wide is more of a beginner board than the 11up? i heard that but i am not sure if thats true, if it is than i will be leaning more towards the 11up. also does anyone have any opinions of the 11-up versus the ride decade?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have last years Decade (normal width) and I love it, not to stiff, carves great, and does everything well. Don't know about powder riding (I live in ohio)
Jeffksf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgug View Post
thanks for the feedback. does anyone know if the chb wide is more of a beginner board than the 11up? i heard that but i am not sure if thats true, if it is than i will be leaning more towards the 11up. also does anyone have any opinions of the 11-up versus the ride decade?
Yes, I believe the CHB is more of a beginner board than the 11up. I looked at both at the local shop and bought the 11up because it has a little more stiffness and has a faster/better base. The guy at the shop said the CHB is a littel "noodley" but still a solid board.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I do remember reading in a few places...possibly this forum that some people complained about the Decades ability to hold an edge. I have no idea why that would be, but just remember reading it.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote