Capita Stairmaster or Stairmaster Extreme? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Capita Stairmaster or Stairmaster Extreme?

Super hard deciding between the two. Heard the stairmaster is too noodly on bigger kickers, but is better for jibs. I ride park, and usually hit everything in our park (rails, boxes,etc). Biggest kickers we have here are about 40ish or so feet, one about 60. What do you guys think?

Thanks
Gruber1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd go for the extreme just cause i feel like it is better to have a board that is more forgiving on jumps than a board that is easier to press. The stairmaster could prob handle those jumps though, it's not really a noodle, but that depends on your weight and what size you get. The sintered base is a big plus on the extreme though.

sage kotsenburg was riding a regular stairmaster when he was on capita and was still killing it on those huge slope style jumps so it is more a matter of personal preference.

The reg stairmaster is also super cheap.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Jib Stair. Jump Extreme.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
I'd go for the extreme just cause i feel like it is better to have a board that is more forgiving on jumps than a board that is easier to press. The stairmaster could prob handle those jumps though, it's not really a noodle, but that depends on your weight and what size you get. The sintered base is a big plus on the extreme though.

sage kotsenburg was riding a regular stairmaster when he was on capita and was still killing it on those huge slope style jumps so it is more a matter of personal preference.

The reg stairmaster is also super cheap.
Yah that is true. I've seen some people take them off some huge kickers. And that is true, it's extremely cheap. I think I might just wait till this September and see how much the extreme is. And I am 6' and only weigh about 145.

Last edited by Gruber1922; 03-24-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: added weight
Old 03-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

I don't go huge by any means but 20-40s are no problem on the regular stairmaster. The only thing holding me back on anything bigger is a testosterone shortage.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sook View Post
I don't go huge by any means but 20-40s are no problem on the regular stairmaster. The only thing holding me back on anything bigger is a testosterone shortage.
Oh ok. I've heard so many mixed reviews. Some say they are totally fine on even 60 ft kickers, while others say they can barely handle 40. It's just so much cheaper than the extreme. I don't know what to do lol
Old 03-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Go with the stairmaster. The difference in reviews that you posted are probably more influenced by skill not the equipment.
Smokehaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
Go with the stairmaster. The difference in reviews that you posted are probably more influenced by skill not the equipment.
Yeah, I've seen pros hit 80 foot kickers with them. I am just worried that the stairmaster will be too soft. But my Skate Banana is rocker, so I'm sure any camber would be 10x better for jumps
Old 03-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

I know a guy that knows a guy that hits the big booters up in mammoth with his stairmaster from a couple years ago, I think so by that rock solid logic, you should be fine. The regular stairmaster is a cheap enough and fun enough that it won't feel like a mistake even if you feel a little sketchy on the 40s.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Oh ok cool. I'm 6' about 145. Should I get a 152 or 156? I have a 156 and it seems a bit big for spins for me anyway. I found a couple of really cheap stairmasters and extremes on ebay (yeah sketchy sometimes, but alot cheaper) so I should decide soon lol. And I wear a size 10.5 shoe. I don't need a wide do I? I've gotten so many different answers haha

Last edited by Gruber1922; 03-25-2011 at 12:08 AM.