2011 Park Board Choice Help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011 Park Board Choice Help

Hey guys. It's about time I pick up a new board, and my dad said my budget is $350 for the board (no bindings, im not getting new bindings quite yet i dont think). I figured now was the time to make the thread since there are huge sales going down. I'm 5'5" and growing quite a bit right now considering I've grown about 3 inches this year alone. I weigh 115 lbs. I want a park based board because I mainly ride park however when there's powder and I'm on a day trip with friends we ride powder but I don't want the board to be more powder than park. Some of the boards I've been considering:

-Arbor Del Ray 2011 (size 153)
-Bataleon Evil Twin 2011 (size 154)
-Bataleon Fun Kink 2011 (size 153)
-DC MLF 2011 (size 154)
-DC PBJ 2011 (size 153)
-Rome Artifact 2011 (size 153)

I'm open to more suggestions but I'm really thinking a lot about the Arbor board. Thanks so much guys, it really means a lot to me!

Last edited by tahoerider; 03-26-2011 at 06:53 PM.
tahoerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

i just picked up an 2010 artifact 1985. haven't been able to get out to the mountains yet (stupid exams) but in playing around with it outside for a bit last night felt super soft. was really easy to butter and press with, and the bronze edges are supposed to be great for hitting rails and boxes.

might also be worth it to look into the flow era. i know that a local shop here in calgary has them on sale for $220 brand new! might be nice to show your dad that you're able to be smart/mature save him some money now, and milk him for some binding money, or boot money (with rate you're growing) next season
Old 03-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

i got new boots this season, should definitely last me the rest of this season and all of next season. the bindings ur right might not fit though.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoerider View Post
Hey guys. It's about time I pick up a new board, and my dad said my budget is $350 for the board (no bindings, im not getting new bindings quite yet i dont think). I figured now was the time to make the thread since there are huge sales going down. I'm 5'5" and growing quite a bit right now considering I've grown about 3 inches this year alone. I weigh 115 lbs. I want a park based board because I mainly ride park however when there's powder and I'm on a day trip with friends we ride powder but I don't want the board to be more powder than park. Some of the boards I've been considering:

-Arbor Del Ray 2011 (size 153)
-Bataleon Evil Twin 2011 (size 154)
-Bataleon Fun Kink 2011 (size 153)
-DC MLF 2011 (size 154)
-DC PBJ 2011 (size 153)
-Rome Artifact 2011 (size 153)

I'm open to more suggestions but I'm really thinking a lot about the Arbor board. Thanks so much guys, it really means a lot to me!
5'3" 115 lbs
i think you want a lower size board.
i'm 5'8" 130lbs and i ride a 152 and i still think i can go smaller.
i ride a lot of groomers and park (60%groomers/40%park). i understand that you are still growing but i'm guessing you should still aim around 148-150 rather than jump to 153-154. but doesn't hurt to get some more answers. just my opinion.
itzzzberny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzzberny View Post
5'3" 115 lbs
i ride a lot of groomers and park (60%groomers/40%park). i understand that you are still growing but i'm guessing you should still aim around 148-150 rather than jump to 153-154. but doesn't hurt to get some more answers. just my opinion.
all of my friends ride that size so i tried out theirs and that size felt really comfortable to me. im getting the del rey 153, like 90% sure. just seems like a perfect board for me.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

no offense, but whyd you even ask? within four hours of posting the question, with basically zero feedback about your options, youve already "90%" made your decision....
threej21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

well i found more reviews of all the boards after i posted and it seemed the most fit for me but im obviously still gonna wait for more feedback
Old 03-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzzberny View Post
5'3" 115 lbs
What size boot does the OP wear? That can tell you how much more you will grow and I think anything between 150-154 is okay in his case because he does get to ride occasional powder. Throw a GNU Street Series or Lib Tech Box Scratcher. Both have MTX which can help the all mountain riding a bit and still have boards that are made for jib/park/rails.
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoerider View Post
i got new boots this season, should definitely last me the rest of this season and all of next season. the bindings ur right might not fit though.
This doesn't make sense. If you keep your boots the bindings aren't going to stop fitting.
mbesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbesp View Post
This doesn't make sense. If you keep your boots the bindings aren't going to stop fitting.
yeah i just thought about that sorry it was 1 in the morning i was super tired hahahaha. anyway i just went to Any Mountain which is my local snowboard place and talked to the guy i normally talk to because he actually knows exactly what hes talking about and i know him well blah blah blah. he hooked me up with a Burton Nug 146, so i got that. that board seems perfect for what i do, so i figured its best. i got it cuz its my birthday tomorrow and ive been riding a 142 2008 agenda for 3 years so that board is WAY too small now, but the nug is meant to be ridden small so ill be good. thanks for the help guys.